Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Xtreme Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Xtreme Cooling LN2, Dry Ice, Peltiers, etc... All the usual suspects

Unread 10-22-2003, 05:17 PM   #1
BlitzM4
Cooling Neophyte

Default Peltier Freezer?

Im attempting to make a very small freezer and am trying to get an idea if it will work. If I had an aluminum box 5" X 5" X 1" insulated with foam around the outside and with a peltier w/ heatsink and fan attached to the bottom would the air inside the box be able to be kept below freezing? Any idea what watt peltier I would need? TIA
BlitzM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2003, 06:20 PM   #2
sevisehda
Cooling Savant

I've seen alot of 'table-top' refridgerators and coolers thats use TECS. If you looked some up online you may be able to get the electical specs online. If so you could estimate the size of the TEC they use.

I'm not sure what you meant by aluminum box. If its sheet aluminum then it probobly won't be siffecient to cool the TEC. However if you used 1/4in for the whole box, or just one side it should be enough to distrubte the cold.
HD's: 2x 160gb SATA RAID
GPU: Sapphire X800Pro VIVO -> XT Plat(softmod) 520/590
sevisehda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2003, 06:39 PM   #3
BlitzM4
Cooling Neophyte

Hi Thanks for the help. The box would be made of 1/4" aluminium, sorry i should have been more clear. I have seen a few peltier coolers but no freezers so Im still not sure if it is possible to get it cool enough to keep something frozen. I think i will probably just have to do a few tests to see what is possible, Im just trying to get a little feedback before I start.

Thanks again.
BlitzM4 is offline   Reply With Quote