Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion > Water Block Design / Construction
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Water Block Design / Construction Building your own block? Need info on designing one? Heres where to do it

Unread 01-10-2004, 01:08 PM   #1
One Fat Hamster
Cooling Neophyte

Default Waterblock for the Video RAM chips WANTED:

Is tha guy BladeRunner in this forum who makes his own blocks rite?..

Does anyone in this forum sell these blocks?.. I'm looking for a waterblock for the RAM chips on the Radeon9800Pro card. Any information on buying one of these.. I need some specs too...

Thankx
One Fat Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2004, 02:46 PM   #2
One Fat Hamster
Cooling Neophyte

n e boys and gals home? hello?.. Wake up and fix yurself some coffee. Do some stretching, jump up and down or something..
Unread 01-10-2004, 03:23 PM   #3
killernoodle
Thermophile

I think most of the people who make waterblocks in this forum do it for themselves or sell their ideas to manufacturers. There are some companies that make universal ramsinks, but most of those are located in the EU (Germany usually).

I dont think it is really necessary to have watercooled video ram, especially since air cooled memory heatsinks are always much cheaper and perform well by themselves.
Unread 01-10-2004, 03:41 PM   #4
Cptn. Foo Foo
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by killernoodle
I dont think it is really necessary to have watercooled video ram...
I water cooled my system RAM a long time ago. I was able to push my Corsair PC2400 RAM (this was back before PC2700 was even out ) up to PC3200 speeds! I was runnin a 200MHz FSB on the old VIA KT266a chipset. Due to the 1/4 PCI divider 200mhz wasnt too stable but 187mhz was totally fine.

So my opinion is water cooling RAM and giving it more voltage is definately not something to rule out.
Cptn. Foo Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2004, 06:24 PM   #5
j813
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn. Foo Foo
I water cooled my system RAM a long time ago. I was able to push my Corsair PC2400 RAM (this was back before PC2700 was even out ) up to PC3200 speeds! I was runnin a 200MHz FSB on the old VIA KT266a chipset. Due to the 1/4 PCI divider 200mhz wasnt too stable but 187mhz was totally fine.

So my opinion is water cooling RAM and giving it more voltage is definately not something to rule out.
wow, definitely what I'd like to try.
Do ya have a site abt the mod that ya did, why not try to use it now? Like to see some miracles it can do.

Blade Runner made one I think for a 9800
morphling1, I think made a fully h2o cooled video card, just dunno if his selling.

Last edited by j813; 01-10-2004 at 06:33 PM.
j813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2004, 07:23 PM   #6
One Fat Hamster
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by killernoodle
I dont think it is really necessary to have watercooled video ram, especially since air cooled memory heatsinks are always much cheaper and perform well by themselves.
that's not the question...

i don't do normal watercooling... i do phase-change.. he he...

it will be literately freezing the ram chips. If I was just gonna do regular watercooling I wouldn't even bother with the block.. I would just go with the air ramsinks.

The fact is that the fast operating cards like the R9700/9800/XT series run very hot on the ram chips. I've been testing em, and obserbing em for a long time. The Heat has been limiting me from further overclock. Almost killed my ram chips. There is absolutely no need to argue about it.. This is why I'm looking for some sort of cooling method to chill the ram chips.. I'm looking for someone/somebody who make these and sell, not whether I need it or not.
Unread 01-10-2004, 08:02 PM   #7
Blackeagle
Thermophile

There used to be a member here that did make and sell RAM coolers for vid cards. The same guy as sells the Tussunami (sp) spiral blocks and other Gemini water blocks.

Might do a search for Gemini water blocks, that's him. I think his video waterblocks were aluminum, but he may have made them in both alum. and copper.

I don't know if Morph or BladeRunner sell the vid coolers they make. Although BladeRunner did design the Golden Sample water cooled cards blocks which cooled both GPU & RAM.

Those system RAM water blocks are no longer made, at least not the only ones I recall seeing sold.
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2004, 05:51 PM   #8
Stroked_S-10
Cooling Neophyte

http://www.geminicool.com/
http://www.geminicool.com/images/big_GF3_2.jpg
Stroked_S-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2004, 06:55 PM   #9
One Fat Hamster
Cooling Neophyte

Blackeagle and Stroked_S-10, thanks for the info guys...

I see it comes as a whole GPU/Mem block set.. I just need the memory block.. I already have a good GPU block running.. Can I split between the GPU block and the memory blocks? or do they have to be connected each other as shown in the pic? I just need the memory blocks..

Last edited by One Fat Hamster; 01-11-2004 at 07:00 PM.
One Fat Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2004, 01:23 PM   #10
Blackeagle
Thermophile

I don't recall what site I was at a while back, but at a german site I saw blocks like you want.

Just the RAM blocks only.

I think you'd have problems splitting up that gemini block and running only the RAM blocks. From the way they are arranged you'd, I think, have real problems with the inlet/outlet locations.

A interesting project. I hope you stop back and share how the memory blocks helped your O/C.

Good luck!
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2004, 01:50 PM   #11
dima y
Cooling Savant

you want this:

HERE

you are welcome
dima y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2004, 09:57 PM   #12
Goksly
Cooling Neophyte

bah - FX only :{
Goksly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2004, 01:39 AM   #13
SNTmods
Cooling Neophyte

Check out Aqua-Computer for a watercooled GPU RAM cooling solution.

Aqua-Computer

SNTsystems will be apparently receiving these soon.

-Dan
SNTmods is offline   Reply With Quote