Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 06-12-2001, 01:49 AM   #1
Finx
Foo's Been Banned

Default AquaStealth , Complete Fraud?

AFter looking at all their products , they are clearly a rip from Danger Den. The Radiator , Waterblock , etc. Anyone that has comments on this , or reasons , reply please.

- Finx
Finx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2001, 08:29 AM   #2
hielko
Cooling Savant

As long they take the design from DD and improve it I won't complain .
hielko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2001, 06:21 PM   #3
Finx
Foo's Been Banned

Well I'd hardly say they improve on it. Everything in their shop is complete BS and and an exact rip from DD almost and a lower quality. They did try to orignate their own ideas by changing around their radiator , and I recognize they made an attempt but once they take away everything they almost exactly copied from DD I will be happy.
Unread 06-12-2001, 11:00 PM   #4
mkosem
Cooling Savant

I dissaggree, aquastealth has been around for quite a while. They have been a competitor of eachother for a long time now. I just see all of the designs are starting to go in the maze direstion these days, even leufken's block is a maze. I think you are overeacting. The new aquacoil is deffinitely a good product, however, dangerden doesn't even make the cube for themself, it is made by a separate company and the aquacoil is a better performing product now. I don't think it's worth sweating such miniscule things like this, get whatever you want and if it works well for you, keep it. Someone else will allways be happy with something different(or similar) that they have. I must say, the aquacube isn't anything like any dangerden product tho.

--MAtt
mkosem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2001, 11:06 PM   #5
damado
Cooling Neophyte

How much different can things look and work as well? The aquacoil is different dimensions, has different intake tubes both being on the same side and the corners are rounded off for the fan. Both are cubes but pretty different. Most copper waterblocks look the same....there's not as much creative freedom with copper waterblocks as there is with say fan coolers.
damado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2001, 07:12 PM   #6
Finx
Foo's Been Banned

OK guys I think you might be right afterall , i did even order an aquacoil myself =] but i just think its kinda cheap that they can take an existing design and make money off it. But whatever. I do agree yeah the new Aquacoil looks to be great.

- Finx
Unread 06-19-2001, 01:18 PM   #7
mkosem
Cooling Savant

it's not taking an existing design, it's improving one. As he said they are quite different. The way you are talking about it, since mazda makes a convertible car vw making one is stealing a design. Of course they are similar, it is a good design for air and water flow.

--MAtt
mkosem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2001, 03:00 PM   #8
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

Danger den was far from the first to use the forced path design in their waterblocks. CPU Fx Z3 used it before them. So in a way everyone was copying them. the DD and the BeCool Aquastealth block aren't much different, except BeCool used a more rough cut in the channel to get more surface area.

the Aquacoil and DD Cube are VERY VERY different. About as different as the Big Momma and Black Ice are. You will have to wait for the Radaitor roundup to be posted to get exact numbers, but the Aquacoil in my tests performed much better in many ways to the DD Cube.

I was amazed at how big the difference was between them.

I respect the guys at all the places meantioned, DDen are TOP QUALITY, BeCool are also, OCWC is innovative and always coming up with new stuff. All of the companies have designs that can loosely in some way be compared to another companies design. That doesnt mean they are coppied, just means someone saw it, and thought it was a good design and HOPEFULLY improved it in some way.

ProCooling archive curator and dusty skeleton.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2001, 12:44 AM   #9
hielko
Cooling Savant

Quote:
the Aquacoil and DD Cube are VERY VERY different. About as different as the Big Momma and Black Ice are. You will have to wait for the Radaitor roundup to be posted to get exact numbers, but the Aquacoil in my tests performed much better in many ways to the DD Cube.
Do you also have some data about the performance of the Black Ice? How well does it do compared to the competition?
Unread 06-20-2001, 07:11 AM   #10
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

Yep

ProCooling archive curator and dusty skeleton.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2001, 06:52 PM   #11
mpfos
Cooling Neophyte

Well as a newbie, I just ordered a aquacoil from aquastealth and a water block from danger den. I was extremely impressed with the customer service that brian gave me. I sent 6 E-mail in one day with alot of questions and he answered the same day with the info that I needed. Also I received an E-mail that my order had been shipped to me.
I had to send an E-mail to danger den today to find out if it was shipped. In al fairness danger den did always reply to my e-mail but usually it was the next day.

MY 2 cents
mpfos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2001, 01:52 AM   #12
hielko
Cooling Savant

mpfos: that's also my experience .
Unread 06-21-2001, 03:37 AM   #13
Kevin
Slacking more than your weird uncle

Finx - you are quite mistaken. A couple years ago I bought an Aquastealth I system. It was my first jump into watercooling ever. It was very very very before Dangerden. They both make waterblocks out of copper. They both kick ass, but neither ripped off the other.
-Kev
Unread 06-21-2001, 03:40 AM   #14
Kevin
Slacking more than your weird uncle

Also Finx... you say everything is "almost lower quality." I've played w/ both products before and they were both of top quality.
-Kevin
Unread 06-21-2001, 05:59 AM   #15
Darkhorse
Cooling Savant

MPFOS,

I'd agree about BEcooling's customer service. Brian was very helpful. Even let me change my order just before it was due to be shipped when they introduced the lexan clamp & jagged waterblock.

Shame that level of service is not available in the very few UK companies dealing in mod kit.
Darkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote