Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Snap Server / NAS / Storage Technical Goodies
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Snap Server / NAS / Storage Technical Goodies The Home for Snap Server Hacking, Storage and NAS info. And NAS / Snap Classifides

Unread 02-25-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
Hacman
Cooling Neophyte

Default Snap 2200 Uptime Scheduling

Hi All,

A question here that I am unsure about....

I have a Snap 2200, which is only needed for about an hour or two every day for running a DR backup, and was wondering if there is a way to have this set to automatically power up and shutdown at set times each day?

Has anyone managed to do this, either with or without modifications, extra software, etc?

Thanks,

Jon
Hacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
bitor
Cooling Savant

Default Re: Snap 2200 Uptime Scheduling

Hello Hacman:

These units are made to run 24/7 and there is nothing built in to the SnapOS that will allow what you want. There is a shutdown if power is lost, but you have to have the correct APC setup.

Best regards, Hacman,

bitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacman View Post
Hi All,

A question here that I am unsure about....

I have a Snap 2200, which is only needed for about an hour or two every day for running a DR backup, and was wondering if there is a way to have this set to automatically power up and shutdown at set times each day?

Has anyone managed to do this, either with or without modifications, extra software, etc?

Thanks,

Jon
bitor is offline   Reply With Quote