Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Snap Server / NAS / Storage Technical Goodies
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Snap Server / NAS / Storage Technical Goodies The Home for Snap Server Hacking, Storage and NAS info. And NAS / Snap Classifides

Unread 11-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
Phoenix32
Thermophile

Default Degraded

wow!

I cannot believe how much this section of the forum has degraded.

Seems like nobody is interested in doing anything, helping anyone, or posting/replying anything.

Lots of reading (lurking), but very little of anyone doing anything to make themselves useful...

wow!

1 x Snap 110
5 x Snap 410
3 x Snap 520

2 x Sanbloc S50

Drives from 250GB to 2TB (PATA, SATA, and SAS)

GOS v5.2.067

All subject to change, day by day......
Phoenix32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
SaFeHeX
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: Degraded

Yes, i'm guilty of a bit of occasional lurking when i have time, but i have very little to add at this moment in time.

Many of the topics cover things i have no experience or knowledge of, such as your posts on a media streaming and the like. Like yourself, i'm a hardware guy and i know very little about the software side of things, particularly where Linux is concerned.

It could be that many of us lurkers can't add much that hasn't already been said by the more established members such as yourself.

If i think i can help some one, i will always try but it's usually the case that i don't know the answers to be able to help and it's better to remain quiet, rather than give out misleading or incorrect information, i suppose.

There are much more experienced members who can offer better advice than us noobs, who in many ways are still learning ourselvs.

Personally i value the advice and suggestions that have been put forward here, and the time and effort that people like yourself have put in to educate the rest of us.

For that, i can only say thank you and pass on anything i may learn along the way if i feel i may be able to help with something in the future.
SaFeHeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
Phoenix32
Thermophile

IMHO, everyone has something to contribute, and most certainly everyone has some questions.

BUT!

At least you took the time to reply....

Some 40 or 50 others didn't even bother with that....

P.S. I was the biggest noob here at one point (by far). That ended by me just plain jumping in, asking a ton of questions, turning the answers into full blown conversations, and then looking at what we could do with that information.

Nobody is useless here, unless they are 1) not contributing at all, or 2) passing bogus information as facts. Just remember to always seperate facts from opinion.

1 x Snap 110
5 x Snap 410
3 x Snap 520

2 x Sanbloc S50

GOS v5.2.067

Unread 12-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
blue68f100
Thermophile

We all got to start some where. I just know enough to be Dangerous...

Link to SnapOS FAQ's http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=13820
blue68f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 06:58 PM   #5
ZazaBB
Cooling Neophyte

Hi - I don't know if this has happened to anybody else, but I cleaned my cookies, etc and upgraded my browser. haven't been able to log back in here since months ago. I was in the midst of talking to Phoenix32 about a Snap 520 and couldn't log back in. I have tried over several months but today, just for the fun of it, went to the actual www.procooling.com page, into the forums and tried logging in EXACTLY the way I was by getting to the pages before.... it worked for some reason, and I logged out, then back and saved the ID. Most of the links I had were to the wiki.procooling.com pages, so I dunno.

Anyway, I think there will be more activity in here now due to the Thailand flooding causing the disk shortages. More NAS solutions rather than local storage I think.
ZazaBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #6
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

Procooling was migrated a few days ago to another server, during that time there was some down time and lockdown on the forum. Not sure if that caused your issue or not.

the Wiki is busted right now. going to try and get it back online, but its being fussy since the move.

ProCooling archive curator and dusty skeleton.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 07:12 PM   #7
ZazaBB
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Procooling was migrated a few days ago to another server, during that time there was some down time and lockdown on the forum. Not sure if that caused your issue or not.

the Wiki is busted right now. going to try and get it back online, but its being fussy since the move.
Hi Joe

Thanks for the info. I've lurked around here on & off for years with only the occasional post, but it is the premium Snap forum by far!

Thanks for running it!
ZazaBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
cbrock
Cooling Neophyte

your thread gets the honor of containing my first post after a few years of being an unregistered lurker.
cbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #9
Phoenix32
Thermophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrock View Post
your thread gets the honor of containing my first post after a few years of being an unregistered lurker.
Thank you, I feel honored...

1 x Snap 110
5 x Snap 410
3 x Snap 520

2 x Sanbloc S50

GOS v5.2.067