Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Hardware and Case Mod's
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Hardware and Case Mod's You Paint it, Cut it, Solder it, bend it, light it up, make it glow or anything like that, here is your forum.

Unread 05-08-2002, 07:16 PM   #1
AllTalkSebrasky
Cooling Neophyte

Need some sugestions....

ok heres the deal... i had problems with my flopy drive, got frustrated and now my case is in a few peices (computer is fine) so i wanna build a new case from scratch. im thinking wood, metal, and black. ive got a basic idea and im just looking for sugestions on building and i really need help with the electronics... led's, power button, stuff like that. i plan on being able to put 4 hardirves in and would like a light for each. any help on any of this, building suplies, wiring, anyhting would be great.

Kyle
AllTalkSebrasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2002, 08:19 PM   #2
nemaste
Cooling Neophyte

that's a lot of questions that could take hours to answer correctly.

any momentary SPST switch will work for your power button.

for LEDs, most will work with any mobo. however, blue leds usually need more voltage that your mobo can deliver to light correctly. generally one would try an LED first to see if it lights up. if not, then a simple transistor amplifier will light it up:
http://www.vhforums.net/cgi-bin/ikon...t=ST;f=16;t=13

here's a good thread on modding for multiple HDD LEDs:
http://www.vhforums.net/cgi-bin/ikon...f=2;t=1086;hl=
Unread 05-09-2002, 11:02 PM   #3
AllTalkSebrasky
Cooling Neophyte

that is really what i had questions on... any one have a spaer yy cube case? or the led's and the wires and everyhting? im pretty sure the yy case has multiple lights for multiple drives. any other sugestions on how this would work would be great... thansk for the links
AllTalkSebrasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2002, 06:43 AM   #4
Brad
Thermophile

servercase has plenty of yy cubes

I think the YY has a few hdd lights, you'd need to talk to an owner to find out for sure.

2x 2400+ at 2288mhz (16.0 x 143), Iwill MPX2, 2x Kingmax PC-3200 256mb sticks, 4x 20gb 60gxp in Raid 5 on a Promise SX6000. Asus Ti4200 320/630. Cooled by Water
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote