Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff All those random tech ramblings you can't fit anywhere else!

Unread 08-26-2003, 04:26 PM   #76
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

I'm -20, still rolling along
10 - 12 to go
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2003, 04:41 PM   #77
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Good deal! Get a cuisinart ice cream maker. You'll thank yourself in the end. If you want, I'll hook you up with some recipes that kick ass.

(none contain *sol, btw)
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2003, 04:56 PM   #78
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

I'm game
Cusinart is the brand of choice ?
my e-mail is badams@. . . .
the site in sig
Thanks

kinda boring on meat, fish, chicken, and cheese
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2003, 05:50 PM   #79
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Try the ice cream, add in some eggs (perfect food), eat your damn veggies, and find somewhere that sells Russell Stover sugar free candy ... those chocolates taste just like the normal stuff ... and they are good for you, too.

Try Diet Rite or Diet Hansen's soda for something to drink, Miller Lite/Michelob Ultra/Guinness Stout for beer, and learn to love good fire sausage ... mmm ....

If you don't have a big ass Foreman grill yet, you really should get one.
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
Unread 08-26-2003, 07:16 PM   #80
Tempus
Cooling Savant

Well, I got all revved up after reading this and started about 3 weeks ago. I'm down a ago 15-20 lbs now and about 2inches on my waist. I feel better than I have in years. Thanks for the motivation for this.

I'm going to try and lose 20 more and get back into my fighting shape.

A please post any ideas for ice cream, smoothies, or just good meals.

I've switch to mich ultra and I have always been a Guinness man. I didn't realize it was still okay to have now. Even better.

I found some zero carbo gummy bears at CVS so that was cool too.
Unread 08-26-2003, 11:06 PM   #81
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

I'll try to PM you the recipes tomorrow ... too late tonight ....
Unread 08-28-2003, 06:58 AM   #82
punish3r
Cooling Neophyte

Anyone have a good site that outlines the Atkins diet? From what I've read, it sound really similar to that Body for Life stuff (High protein, < 15g carbs/day, excercise) I have that book, just not the Atkins book. Anyone have experience as to similarities?

BTW, I'm 6'9" and 290 Lbs, so I'm looking to drop about 35 Lbs, if there are any other suggestions, I'll try them out.
Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.
-Thomas Jefferson
punish3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2003, 08:10 AM   #83
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

atkins.com? I got a lot of info there until I spent the $7 on the book. The book is a very good investment.
Unread 08-28-2003, 12:17 PM   #84
utabintarbo
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by punish3r

BTW, I'm 6'9" and 290 Lbs, so I'm looking to drop about 35 Lbs, if there are any other suggestions, I'll try them out.
I started at 6'2'' and the same weight. Down about 18-20 lbs. My fscking bench press is getting really lame! Bums me out.

I'm probably going to moderately increase carbs to maintain @ 270-275 until the next Powerlifting meet (Oct. 11). Then down to 250 for me!

Bob
Unread 08-28-2003, 06:49 PM   #85
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Okay, for those that do strenuous exercise, you do know that you can up your carb intake, right? As long as it is lower glycemic carbs and spread out, you can go up to 50-70g daily if you are burning it. May want to try that.
Unread 08-28-2003, 09:06 PM   #86
Zhentar
Cooling Savant

thank you guys for making me thankful for my current metabolism I eat like crazy, sit on my ass 12 hours a day, and if I lost 30 pounds I'd probably have to be hospitalized

Of course, my metabolism will probably slow down in a few years and I'll suddenly put on 70 pounds, and when that happens, you guys have inspired me to go on a diet!
Zhentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2003, 10:03 PM   #87
ciscokid454
Cooling Savant

I finally started this back up again..
I'm really glad someone started a thread like this..
It's helpful and inspring for us all.
I'll say this though, i'm havin such a hard time giving up soda this first week.
I guess that's to be expected coming from a case almost a day to 1 a day or 1 every 2 days..
next week i'll be completely free from them...and starting my normal routine..
Eggs/bacon for breakfast
hardboiled eggs or tuna fish for lunch
chicken or beef for dinner..
I'm sorry to say though, that this weekend i'm giving myself a going away from sugar/caffeine and soda binge..
Lan party with two cases of Bawls from plycon..

hopefully i'll make it through..
Unread 08-28-2003, 10:21 PM   #88
Tempus
Cooling Savant

Hehhehe nothing like a lanparty diet to make you lose the .... err ummm. yeah.

Then again, that much caffine will do wonders for your metabolism for a few hours.
Unread 08-28-2003, 10:42 PM   #89
ciscokid454
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by Tempus
Hehhehe nothing like a lanparty diet to make you lose the .... err ummm. yeah.

Then again, that much caffine will do wonders for your metabolism for a few hours.
yeah...
ugh..yeah..
lan party metabolism..
nothing like a 4am pizza run with mountain dew or preferably JOLT....to keep you going and going and going..
hmm...now I know where the energizer commercial came from
Unread 09-05-2003, 01:48 PM   #90
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Okay, time for an update:

I HAVE LOST OVER 40 FRICKIN' POUNDS.

I am so stoked, hehe.

I figure I don't have much left to get rid of ... I seemed to have gained some muscle mass under this layer of blubber since last I checked.
Unread 09-05-2003, 02:06 PM   #91
g.l.amour
Cooling Savant

lol, a bud of mine went to the US lately and ppl with a posture of +/- 1.80m and 70kg are asked if they are sick (he tells me... dunno) anyway, i've been losing some weight too, and i can still binge but i try to avoid sugar as much as i can, and the latenight stuffings are a goner too.

i wish you the best of luck, but if the monster diet doesn't work, try going one step at a time, eat a bit less suger, an egg less for breakfast... just little bits at a time. don't forget that the stomach has to shrink too, once that happens, u will take less food to feel stuffed.

if you can keep up the 45min jogs, congrats m8, i feel quite sattisfied after a 30min jog every 2 weeks ( i ride the bike to work though).

give it everything you got, overweight sux bigtime, nomatter how much you tell yourself it doesn't.
Unread 09-05-2003, 06:09 PM   #92
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

I was only on the cusp of what the politically correct consider overweight. To me, however, it was unacceptable. Shoot, IMHO, anything over 12% body fat in a guy is unacceptable. I'm not going to be a fat bastard as I age.

My mealplan yesterday:
Breakfast-4 scrambled eggs, 3 bacon strips, 3 sausage links, 1 LC tortilla to wrap the shiz in

Lunch-2 hard boiled eggs, 2oz cheese, sugar free chocolate

Dinner-Montreal Steak, green beans, 2c of ice cream, a beer

Fluid intake-1.5gal water

I don't like to starve, and therefore won't do it. I like my fatty diet foods, thank you very much, hehe.
Unread 09-08-2003, 01:36 PM   #93
utabintarbo
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by airspirit

Dinner-Montreal Steak, green beans, 2c of ice cream, a beer

WTF is a "Montreal Steak"? Sounds French, therefore small (<16 oz. )

btw, I'm down 18 lbs. myself! Though I did fall off the wagon a bit this weekend (all-you-can-eat pasta dinner ).

Bob
Unread 09-10-2003, 09:46 AM   #94
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

In my case, montreal steak is taking a big-ass slab of top sirloin and sprinkling montreal steak seasoning on it before turning on the grill. There is this shake-on seasoning I found at the grocery store in the spice isle for $2 that makes lazy-man's steak just awesome.

It is mostly just salt, peppers, and a few odd spices, but it makes all the difference in a world where you can't have any steak sauce. Know what I mean?
Unread 09-10-2003, 10:26 AM   #95
KnightElite
Cooling Savant

Montreal steak is awesome.

Congrats on having the diet work out for you airspirit. Having 40lb less fat must be good for you .

In my case, I'm actually trying to gain weight, since I have damn near no fat as it is . During my basic training this summer I did gain about 6lb of muscle mass though, bringing me up to an imposing 165lb at 6'1" . Going to start working out at the gym regularly as well.
Unread 09-11-2003, 12:04 PM   #96
Phant0m51
Cooling Savant

I need to lose weight. I'll be starting on the Atkins diet this coming week. I'm 240+ at 6'2". That's just damn unacceptable. I'll be doing mostly cardiovascular workouts to help burn calories.

I'm hoping to lose 40+ lb's. I know not all of my body mass is fat, because I work manual labor where I move 13,000 to 17,000 lb's of material a day. I just eat too much, and don't burn anything off.
Phant0m51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2003, 07:40 PM   #97
FRAGN'STIEN
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by jaydee116
I was in pretty damn good shape when I was at the construction company busting ass 10-18hrs a day in 100F+ weather in CA, AR, and any other place hot they always sent me. You sweat off any excess fat and kept pretty stong because it was very pysical work.

Now they sent me to the engraving shop (close to being an office job, sitting if front of a computer drawing stuff and then hitting the go button and engraving it) and after about 9 months there I gained about 20lbs and lost some strength. About a month a go I started kyaking more often and bought some dumb bells and work with them for about 15mins every night with some sit ups. In about a month I lost the 20lbs and gaining my pysical strength again. Back to being 6'2", 195lbs, toothpick lookling basterd.

Once you start getting back in shape you start getting more energy/will to do more things it seems....
I can relate. I was a drywall stocker for 7 years(translation: Packed drywall off a truck and into houses), but now I'm in the office entering data and running reports all day and I'm already at 220lbs. Most of it was muscle.
Unread 09-16-2003, 11:24 AM   #98
utabintarbo
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by Phant0m51
I need to lose weight. I'll be starting on the Atkins diet this coming week. I'm 240+ at 6'2". That's just damn unacceptable. I'll be doing mostly cardiovascular workouts to help burn calories.

I'm hoping to lose 40+ lb's. I know not all of my body mass is fat, because I work manual labor where I move 13,000 to 17,000 lb's of material a day. I just eat too much, and don't burn anything off.
You tiny people crack me up!

240 at 6'2" is my ultimate goal! But this weight loss is killing my strength (Bench Press 397 @ 291, now 375 @ 272.5 . Squat 485 @ 291, now 385 @ 272.5 ).

But at least I'm not hungry .

Bob
Unread 09-16-2003, 11:53 AM   #99
N8
Cooling Neophyte

OK, reading this thread for a while now, you guys have convinced me to try this too. 6', 265 lbs today. I will go out sometime today and get the Atkins book and try to start this in the next couple days after I read up. Looking to get down to 220 lbs. I just bought a nice bicycle the other day to start riding for some regular cardio exercise too. Will have to ride the Chipman trail over to see airspirit and buy him some beers if this works out (16 mile roundtrip bike ride......)
N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2003, 07:23 PM   #100
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Heh ... if you do it right you might be there by Christmas ... Easter at the latest.