Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 02-06-2001, 04:03 PM   #1
Alives
Cooling Savant

Default tips/techniques

Ok i found out what the vibration problem was with the mag drive...it quit vibrating when i suspended it in my resivoir so it wasnt touching any walls and i put the foam filter back in as it probably restricted the flow a little helping the motor out.

Also, i figured out how to get your coolant moving through your radiators if you have a stacked or whatever...

If your radiator is outside of your computer and upright, when it gets air in it it gets very hard to move the coolant through until you get the air out (most pumps cannot do this unless you got one of those biggies). Just put the radiator on its side so the water isnt going in a vertical path but in a horizontal one.
Alives is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2001, 09:03 PM   #2
mfpmax
Cooling Savant

When I had my 5 1/4" bay res-tank I the fluid went to the radiator from the top so I didn't have that problem really. But you could also(if you feel like it), force the water threw the system like say with a hose...or in some cases another pump.

------------------
Watercooled K6-2 450 at 600
mfpmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2001, 12:57 PM   #3
Freakyfrank
Cooling Savant

getting the bubbles out of the radiator wasn't the prob..

as soon as i turned on the pump (closed loop) the bubbles came out and went through the pump ... then only LITTLE bubbles came out..

and again... and again... and...

the bubbles disappeard.. but the noise was not...

I had to buy 10L xtra of that *(^&@#&^ water before there weren't any bubbles in the hose (u couldn't see then... u HEARD em )

------------------
OC'ing is my middlename
Freakyfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2001, 07:36 PM   #4
UnaClocker
Cooling Savant

I have a new theory on how to trap the air bubbles faster on my closed loop setup, that I'll be testing and will cover in my next article.. Kind of a common sense idea that came to me while I was thinking up a more efficient route for my waterlines.

------------------
The UnaClocker
Overclock till it goes BOOM!
Watercooler extraordinaire!
UnaClocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2001, 05:40 AM   #5
Freakyfrank
Cooling Savant

looking forward to it..

whataruthinking

an airtrap before the wpump with a bleeding line on em??

------------------
OC'ing is my middlename
Freakyfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2001, 08:37 AM   #6
UnaClocker
Cooling Savant

Making the water take a 90degree turn in a T that leads directly up for the trap. I'm thinking the air would more efficiently get shoved up that trap, rather than the old way I had it where they just went racing past.. The old way worked, but I always had some air gurgling in the system.. It'll make alot more sense when I have pictures..

------------------
The UnaClocker
Unread 02-10-2001, 01:30 PM   #7
UnaClocker
Cooling Savant

Freaky.. Check out the ProBS forum, I posted a pic of that trap setup, you might see what I mean better..

------------------
The UnaClocker