Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 01-05-2003, 11:48 AM   #1
Alaric_2000
Cooling Neophyte

Default Finally Acceptable Temps!

I was never really happy with the temps I got from my rig (maze3, dtek core, panaflo h1a's @ 7v etc.), so I've always run CPUIdle. Well just for kicks, I uninstalled CPUIdle today and cleaned my fan filter.

And to what did my wonderous eyes did appear, decent temps! Ambient temp is reading 30C with an idle temp of 35C. I was shocked. So I downloaded a copy of SuperPi to see what temps were like under load. It's been running full tilt for about 10 mins now and I'm averaging about 44C.

I'm shocked to say the least.

This is all with an XP2100+ running at 1900MHz and a 1.85V core.

WOOHOO!!!!
Alaric_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2003, 01:29 AM   #2
Pewterpez
Cooling Neophyte

congrats!

I run a athlon 1700+ with the dtek core and a maze3 as well and get about the same temps....35C idle and I can barely get it to 41C when I have my distributed.net cow going

did you lap your block?
Unread 01-06-2003, 07:10 AM   #3
Alaric_2000
Cooling Neophyte

Yup. All lapped so I can see my ugly mug in it. I just cracked the window in the computer room cause the heat has been crankin all night and I'm down to 32C idle =) WHEEEEEE!

I guess my block is broken in now. It's just nice to get out of a few games of UT2k3 and see my temps sitting at no higher than 43 for the session (before my revelation I was sitting at 52C).
Alaric_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote