Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 03-31-2001, 12:33 AM   #1
FlameOut
Cooling Neophyte

Default Anyone using that 4 inch radiator?

I am thinking of getting that 4 inch radiator at OCWC because it says it pulls as much heat away as a 10x5 radiator. I think thats BS. If you have this radiator tell me how it performs. I dont wanna gt robbed here.
Also I might and might not be using pelts. When summer comes along then i might use them.
FlameOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2001, 02:30 AM   #2
Fmaker
Cooling Neophyte

I have been water cooling for about a year now. I used to use one of those 10X5 aluminum radiators. I ordered a 4X4 from OCWC and My CPU temps stayed the same after I took the 10X5 out and put in the 4X4.
My Rig:
SuperMicro SC750-A, modified to accomadate two 120mm intake fans. Side window with two 80mm Panflo fans to cool the PCI cards
One 120mm Panflo above the power supply to blow out the warm air
400 watt power supply.
One 92mm blow hole in the top, I have attached the 4X4 radiator to this fan to cool the water down.
P!!! 1000Mhz Slot one 100mhz FSB with a 72 Watt peltier on the water block using a copper cold plate. My water temp as I write this is 88.4 degrees farenheight, (I have a temperature probe inside of the reservior)room temperature is about 70 degrees farenheight as I type this. My CPU temp shown in motherboard monitor (5) is 26 degrees farenheight as I am typing this.
Mobo is an Abit Sh6 (It's the only Mobo on the market that supports a slot one CPU that has the i815 chipset.) I just wanted to try something different than a BX chipset for a change.
Two sticks of Crucial CLK2 128 megs each
One Western Digital 30 gig ATA66 running off of the board
Three 20 gig Western DIgital ATA66's running in a RAID configuration off of a Promise PCI Fast TRAK RAID controller.
Creative Labs CDRW, 8/4/32
Intel Nic
CreativeLabs SoundBLaster Live with live drive.
LS120 instead of a regular floppy.
Fanbus that I purchased from PC mods, (I know that most people make their own but I just didn't have the time and it has turned out to be a very good unit for what I use it for.
GeForce II Prophet Pro vid card, I have not modded it out yet except for some RAMM sinks.
Cable modem.
19 inch CTX monitor
Thats about it. My CPU is only about a week and a half old. I am in the middle of modding a whole new box to put the system in, I bought a YY server cube and got the $10.00 discount because of Pro cooling and the Black Ice project that is using the same case. So I am not going to push the CPU until I get the new case done and find out just what kind of inside case temps I get.
Hope that helps answer you question.
Fmaker
--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SoundBlaster live
Promise ATA66 Raid with controller with 3 20 gig hd and one 30 gig running off of the board. LS120 and a Creative CDRW
and some other stuff In a SC760-A SuperMicro full tower case.
Fmaker is offline   Reply With Quote