Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 05-05-2004, 07:55 PM   #101
MMZ_TimeLord
Cooling Savant

Mine is 11x5.5x1 I think... two 120mm fans are on it right now with only a little space left over.

Part #s on the sticker are 826H2303 and 21030

I don't know the part # that was ordered. It was purchased from LeakyCar.com which is now down...

Edit: I found the part # in an old e-mail... # 2-302. Hope that helps.

"Oooooooooh... that's gonna leave a mark!"
MMZ_TimeLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2004, 08:00 PM   #102
MMZ_TimeLord
Cooling Savant

Oh... here's a picture I took of it when I got it.... and yes... I have it in my upper drive bays.

Unread 05-05-2004, 09:01 PM   #103
SnowRider
Cooling Neophyte

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I'm happy now . That's honestly the last heater core I looked at before I went to go eat. Then I come back to my thread and you've posted an actual picture of it (vs. small black & white drawing )!!! It's the best priced heater core that size that I found because most of the others that were aprox. this size where $40-70!! I think this is the one . Just a thought though.... anyone know how this beauty would compare to a Black Ice Xtreme II? I'm just wondering. I'm more than likely throwing the idea of getting a BIX II out the window . I mean this thing is $20 and that BIX II is $100!! I'm getting excited (can you tell?) . Thx for the pic!!

BTW, here's a picture (ahem....drawing) of the heater core that was in the database.
Note: It says it's 2" thick versus 1". 1" sure would've been nice though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 399078.jpg (16.8 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by SnowRider; 05-06-2004 at 02:45 AM.
SnowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2004, 02:29 AM   #104
MMZ_TimeLord
Cooling Savant

SnowRider,

Honestly... It may be 2"... It's in my system now and I haven't measured it that direction in a LONG time.

I do seem to remember it being thicker than 1". ... I just pulled the side of my case and checked... yup 2" thick... my mistake.

Unread 05-07-2004, 03:16 PM   #105
SnowRider
Cooling Neophyte

Hey TimeLord, I have a favor to ask. Do you think you could measure how long that core is overall? I'm pretty sure that these dimensions (10 1/2" x 5 5/8" x 2") are just the fin area and I need to know how much those tanks on each end add. I thought of that just now and am worried that they'll add to the length so much it won't fit in the top of my case. I could be in big trouble. If you can do that I'd really appreciate it. Thanks
Unread 05-07-2004, 03:32 PM   #106
MadHacker
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowRider
Hey TimeLord, I have a favor to ask. Do you think you could measure how long that core is overall? I'm pretty sure that these dimensions (10 1/2" x 5 5/8" x 2") are just the fin area and I need to know how much those tanks on each end add. I thought of that just now and am worried that they'll add to the length so much it won't fit in the top of my case. I could be in big trouble. If you can do that I'd really appreciate it. Thanks
as far as i know all measurments are for the fin area only.
Unread 05-07-2004, 03:32 PM   #107
MMZ_TimeLord
Cooling Savant

I believe they add from 3/4" to 1" to each end... I will make measurements when I get home in a bit and post final measurements here for you.

Unread 05-07-2004, 04:50 PM   #108
MMZ_TimeLord
Cooling Savant

Welp... smaller than I thought... Front cap only adds ½" and the back cap with the inlet and outlet only adds ¾".

Total length of the whole thing is just a little under 13¾". So, according to my calculations... the fin area is bigger than I thought too... must be 12½" not 11½"... my bad. I think there was one that was 10½" though. I just don't have the model number. Sorry.

Hope that clears it up!

Last edited by MMZ_TimeLord; 05-07-2004 at 04:56 PM.
Unread 05-07-2004, 05:19 PM   #109
SnowRider
Cooling Neophyte

Awwwwww crap. Just what I was afraid of. That's to big. The maximum possible length I can have is 11 1/2" and that would be making things really, really tight. See, the length from the PSU rack to the front of my case is 11 5/8" so that's pretty much what I have to work with. I've thought about making a big shroud type thing that would screw onto the top of my case (it would look kinda like the Koolance setups) but I don't think I trust my modding skills enough for that. I'm not sure, I'll keep considering it.
Well, thanks for measuring that for me. I'm glad I was able to find that out before I rushed out to buy one. Now back to the HC Database to find a different core .
Unread 05-07-2004, 05:51 PM   #110
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

christ, buy it and take it to a radiator shop and have them cut it to the length you want, and resolder the header on the end
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2004, 06:49 PM   #111
goat_guy
Cooling Neophyte

I am looking at 2-274, which is 9.8" x 6.125" x 2", with 5\8 (1\2ID tubing) barbs. $21 at autozone.com. GDI # 399026 THis may suit you better. SHould fit 2 120mm fans perfectly.

Brian
goat_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2004, 02:01 AM   #112
Brians256
Pro/Staff

BillA, I didn't even know that they would do that. Thanks for the tip. I was under the impression that the radiators were touchy beasts and could not easily be hacked.
Brians256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2004, 08:30 AM   #113
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

the corrugated plate heater cores are simple,
the tube type are more difficult as the header perforated sheet must be recovered and reused
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2004, 11:24 PM   #114
SnowRider
Cooling Neophyte

Hey guys, here's an update on what's been happening.

I just bought a PolarFLO CPU block and a PolarFLO GPU block. Both are the copper plated versions and I got an EXTREMELY good deal on both of them. Basically, what I payed for each block is what I would've payed for CPU and GPU blocks made by say, dangerden or swiftech. So I'm very happy
PolarFLO has the best customer service I've ever dealt with period!!! IMHO they are 2nd to none when it comes to customer service. I recieved quick, helpful replies to my emails, and was treated like they cared about me versus taking the quick route around things. Steve @ PolarFLO gets huge props for helping me out.... Thx Steve!
After that shameless plug , onto the new parts I'm thinking of lol.
For a reservoir I'm probably gonna buy one from shelbykim0 of eBay. She's been mentioned in these forums a few times and her reservoirs are basically like Criticool's "Waterplant" reservoir except that..... she'll make them in custom sizes with custom barb placements for you .
Another change I made is the pump. I'm now most likely gonna get the "AquaXtreme 50Z-DC12 Mag Drive Inline Pump w/ 1/2" Barbed Fittings" (the name just rolls right off your tongue huh? lol). It's the exact same pump as the Swiffy MCP600 except it's all black!! Suuuuwwwweeeeeettttt!!
I'm still going back and forth between what fans to use, and whether I'm gonna use VW/Audi antifreeze or one of the Zerex Coolants (either the super coolant or the super protector which is clear).
I'm really busy right now because I have a new job with crazy hours so I have less time to think about all of this stuff. I am going to try and make a new diagram showing the updated placement of things.
Here's a pic of the copper plated waterblock tops minus the baseplates and barbs.
Unread 06-02-2004, 11:23 PM   #115
SnowRider
Cooling Neophyte

I just received my waterblocks yesterday and man are they pretty looking . The blocks where shipped in a small box within a larger box filled with packing peanuts. It'd be very hard to damage them during shipping. With each block PolarFLO gives you some hose clamps, the mounting hardware, and a Y-fitting for the CPU block. I tried my best to take some pictures of the blocks but it's not easy as I thought it'd be. The lighting is very hard to get right. Here are the results anyways
Attached Images
File Type: jpg polarflolighting.jpg (54.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg polarfloshiny.jpg (50.9 KB, 19 views)