Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff All those random tech ramblings you can't fit anywhere else!

Closed Thread
Unread 03-18-2003, 04:03 PM   #151
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Not to mention the damage done betweeen the US and :France, Germany, Mexico, Canada, Russia,...
Unread 03-18-2003, 05:35 PM   #152
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

That damage is a good thing. It needs to be known globally that if nations expect the aid and counsel of the US, that they need to be allies rather than detractors. The reality is that in most areas, we don't NEED any of them, but they NEED us. We don't need to be burdened with policing the world, while the nations that we protect flame us from every direction. Maybe there will be a lesson that they can learn from this.

As far as whether the administration should have listened to the protesters: please. There are people that think that we should switch to an Islamic government, but it doesn't mean the majority should kowtow to the minority however much they believe in their cause. Sometimes the government has to do the right thing, especially if the majority (key to a democracy) is on its side. What more could this government have done to placate the minority? We should have wiped the floor with Saddam's ass last fall, but we waited and waited because we placated the minority ... how long would we have had to wait? Would they ever have been satisfied? I think you know the answer to those questions.

The sad reality is most of the "anti-war" protesters were really Bush protesters. Either they're pissed because there wasn't a Democrat in office, they feel slighted because the president doesn't follow orders from rabble, however well organized, or they generally despise anything conservative. It is also no big secret that many of the "anti-war" groups are funded either partially or wholly by international sources, many of them rooted in the middle east or east asia. I believe that if it was a Demoncat ... I mean DEMOCRAT in office, there wouldn't be 5% the number of protesters on the street. Unfortunately for you, if Al Gore was president, he'd still be piddling himself in a bunker somewhere while the nation burned after 9-11.

As for wartime economy ... it is the president's attempt to placate the whiners that has kept the Iraq situation uncertain, and this has further kept the stock market depressed due to UNCERTAINTY. Have you noticed that as soon as the US said "Enough fscking around, lets do this shiz" the markets soared? Everyone hates uncertainty, and it's the same whiners that piss and moan about the war and the economy who are helping push the economy into the toilet. This isn't speculation: this is fact, and can be read in damn near every issue of every respectable financial rag in the country.

Fortunately for all of us, we don't have a pussy president in office who quakes in his boots and does NOTHING. I would rather have someone who pushes progress internationally and occasionally flubs up than someone who does nothing but talk the issues like the senate in the Star Wars series. Many of our current problems can be compared to that form of government in many ways: so many people are after their personal agendas that NOTHING can happen, and sometimes it takes someone courageous enough to grab the reigns and make this bitch gallop. Fortunately for everyone, GWB wouldn't make a great Sith Lord, wouldn't you agree?

What you all fail to see is that as a CONDITION of surrender, Iraq was REQUIRED to disarm. They did not, and under international law, it is as if that contract never existed. For all intents and purposes, we will be doing nothing but finishing the first Gulf War, since the surrender is NULL AND VOID. Other nations such as France and Russia, however, have so much MONEY at stake if the current Iraqi regime falls, that they would rather see a murderer continue his butchery than do anything about it. We're talking BILLIONS of dollars, something France can use, and that Russia desperately needs in their current state of bankruptcy. It is THESE selfish agendas that are preventing cooperation, not some holier-than-thou position that they are trying to feed you.

It is quite interesting to note that it has been primarily US money that has ensured the mediocre containment of Iraq over the last twelve years. It wasn't French. It wasn't Russian. It wasn't German. The Brits contributed some, but only a pittance in comparison to what I HAVE PERSONALLY PAID IN TAX DOLLARS WITH THE REST OF THE CITIZENS OF THE US. We have a large stake in this matter. It is nice for an outsider to push for worthless inspections and such forever while the US is slowly bled dry, but it is NOT for us taxpayers that are funding this. It is about time we stopped trying to placate a bastard that refuses to abide by agreements he made while we foot the bill. In the end, the US will be better off, the Iraqi people will be better off, and the world community will be better off. Hopefully the US took the time to notice the fscks that gave us the finger so we can turn a blind eye to them in THEIR time of need.

Targetted speculation: If the French, Germans, Russians, and Chinese would have gone along with this, they would have ended up helping to foot the bill for the war and reconstruction once the war was over. If the French and Russians are already taking a financial hit due to the regime change, is it any wonder why they would want to keep the UN (and their pocketbooks) out of this conflict? Even if they knew that the US would do it alone, they would prefer that to having to contribute funds ... it's poetic justice that it will be the US that pays to clean that cesspool up, since it was up to the US to pay for the containment those fscks begged for all these years.

All I have left to say to the NATIONS out there that turned a blind eye to the US is this:

FSCK YOU!

For all of you out there in those countries that believe in our cause I apologize ... it's not your fault your government does what it does.
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
Unread 03-18-2003, 06:23 PM   #153
cybrsamurai
Cooling Savant

Quote:
As far as whether the administration should have listened to the protesters: please. There are people that think that we should switch to an Islamic government, but it doesn't mean the majority should kowtow to the minority however much they believe in their cause. Sometimes the government has to do the right thing, especially if the majority (key to a democracy) is on its side. What more could this government have done to placate the minority? We should have wiped the floor with Saddam's ass last fall, but we waited and waited because we placated the minority ... how long would we have had to wait? Would they ever have been satisfied? I think you know the answer to those questions.
In my experience if someone has something to say you should always listen. Especially if there are a large number of people saying the same thing? I'm not saying that he should have complied with what protesters are asking but a good leader makes the people feel like they are being heard and considered. When Bush was running for president he said that he wanted to be a “uniter not a divider” He has divided this country in a way I have never seen before. As for majority being the "key" to democracy, this is a rather strange statement for this presidency as our current leader did not recieve majority vote (I know this is a petty point but worth noting)

Quote:
The sad reality is most of the "anti-war" protesters were really Bush protesters. Either they're pissed because there wasn't a Democrat in office, they feel slighted because the president doesn't follow orders from rabble, however well organized, or they generally despise anything conservative. It is also no big secret that many of the "anti-war" groups are funded either partially or wholly by international sources, many of them rooted in the middle east or east asia. I believe that if it was a Demoncat ... I mean DEMOCRAT in office, there wouldn't be 5% the number of protesters on the street. Unfortunately for you, if Al Gore was president, he'd still be piddling himself in a bunker somewhere while the nation burned after 9-11.
This is the biggest load of blatant conjecture I have ever heard.

Quote:
As for wartime economy ... it is the president's attempt to placate the whiners that has kept the Iraq situation uncertain, and this has further kept the stock market depressed due to UNCERTAINTY. Have you noticed that as soon as the US said "Enough fscking around, lets do this shiz" the markets soared? Everyone hates uncertainty, and it's the same whiners that piss and moan about the war and the economy who are helping push the economy into the toilet. This isn't speculation: this is fact, and can be read in damn near every issue of every respectable financial rag in the country.
I'm not an expert in Macroeconomics but explain how the United States spending billions of dollars that we don’t have will not hurt our economy. Also I have only lived through one war but isn't there usually a recession after the war? Since we are currently in a recession going into the war wouldn’t it stand to reason that there will be a large recession coming out of the war?

Quote:
Fortunately for everyone, GWB wouldn't make a great Sith Lord, wouldn't you agree?
There is no way he has the kung fu moves necessary to be a sith lord.

Quote:
it's poetic justice that it will be the US that pays to clean that cesspool up, since it was up to the US to pay for the containment those fscks begged for all these years.
And Ironic since we were the architect behind the cesspool.
Unread 03-18-2003, 06:29 PM   #154
nOv1c3
Crazy Stupid

Great post airspirit and very well said
Unread 03-18-2003, 06:31 PM   #155
gmat
Thermophile

Quote:
Originally posted by airspirit

FSCK YOU!
It was uncalled for.
Don't resort to name calling.

Now you've stated your view. The US should be the masters of the world. And no one, not even the UN council, should argue. This is the worst thing ever for *the world*.
Ah and of course, all world leaders (that opposed to war) are "morons", and all those who supported it (Aznar and Blair) are "clever". Duh.
Something's wrong here. I wouldnt call the US breaking worlds diplomacy, M.E. equilibrium, and giving the finger to the UN "a good thing".

As for the NYT and Washington Post, they're not politically tainted, each time they criticize someone they're of course accused of being partisan, that's a load of crap. Get real, the NYT is one of the most respected newspaper in the world.

(edit) pH or Brad, please lock this thread. I'm fed up with name calling and groundless insults / facist propaganda.
Unread 03-18-2003, 06:52 PM   #156
cybrsamurai
Cooling Savant

Dont lock the thread!

Although I dissagree with airspirit he has the right to say what he wants to say. Sadly for that matter it seems a good portion of procoolers agree with his views. He wasnt really name calling he was just saying **** You to the governments that oppose the current US policies. I think he does need to work on his anger but thats a different matter
Unread 03-18-2003, 11:46 PM   #157
Blackeagle
Thermophile

Gmat,

Both of those papers are indeed tainted. They are both left leaning and have been for some years. Many in the media themselves admit to the bias shown. As I posted before, this slanted media coverage disgusts me greatly. For what is's worth to you, try checking on the Fox news network. Fox is about as balanced as the media gets here.

One thing I have learned from this post is that the UN seems to be held in much higher regard in europe that it is here. Perhaps that is, as Airspirit posted, because we don't need them.
Unread 03-19-2003, 02:00 AM   #158
Brad
Thermophile

gmat wants it locked, and it's his thread.....

2x 2400+ at 2288mhz (16.0 x 143), Iwill MPX2, 2x Kingmax PC-3200 256mb sticks, 4x 20gb 60gxp in Raid 5 on a Promise SX6000. Asus Ti4200 320/630. Cooled by Water
Closed Thread