Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 06-05-2006, 02:45 PM   #1
ECH
Cooling Neophyte

Default D5 and Iwaki MD 30R

I happen across a MD 30RT and, have been experimenting (I happen across a Iwaki MD 30RLT, it reads RT) with it for the past few days. I do not claim to be an expert reviewer however, I still hope the data is helpful to draw some sort of opinion.

I will show some pics but here is what I have concluded so far after several days of observation.
-the MD30RTL needs padding to avoid the vibration
-the MD30RTL casing can get extremely hot yet temps of the loop are between 0C-1.5C higher then D5
-the MD30RTL will not fit in any known case unless you have a UFO case or something similar.
-the 3/4" inlet/outlet is actually ID not OD. The OD is 1" which can be corrected by purchasing a watss A-492 5/8" x3/4" FE (FE=Female) Garden Hose fitting 3/4"
-the MD30RTL should work best with a 120x3 Rad. 120x2 is marginal results at best.
-Delta is much smaller using the MD30RTL then with the D5 even with a 120x2 rad setup.

Setup:
P5WD2-E Prem
P660 OC 4.2 with Storm
x1900xtx with Maze4
BIX II with 2 143CFM Delta Fans
Distilled water

D5 Ambient 25C

CPU TEMPS WITH THE D5 are as follows:

idle temps of CPU38C

load temps 44.5C

Delta for the CPU is 6.5C ambient temps was 25C if mem servers correctly.

GPU TEMPS WITH THE D5 are as follows:

35.6C for GPU temps at idle

43.6 for GPU temps at load

Delta for the GPU is 8C.

Ambient temps remained at 25C during the test. Load temps for the CPU was 44.5C and GPU 43.6C. The delta spread between the 2 are as follows:
CPU 38C (idle) - 44.5C (load) = 6.5C delta
GPU 35.6C (idle) - 43.6C (load) = 8C delta

Total delta:
14.5C

IWAKI MD 30RT Ambient 27C

CPU TEMPS WITH THE MD 30 RT are as follows:

idle temps of the CPU using MD30RT is 41C

Load temps of the CPU using MD30RTare 46C.

Delta is 5C with ambient temps rising from 27C.

GPU TEMPS WITH THE MD 30RT are as follows

idle cpu temps 39.1C

load temps is 46.5C

Delta for the GPU is 7.4C

Ambient temps remained at 27C during the test. The delta spread between the 2 are as follows:
CPU 41C (idle) - 46C (load) = 5C delta
GPU 39.1C (idle) - 46.5C (load) = 7.4C delta

Total delta for the MD30RTL @ 27 ambient is 12.5C
Total delta for the D5 @ 25C ambient is 14.5C

Conclusions cannot be determine at this time as I am not equipted to keep ambient temps the same throughout tests. However, the D5 had ambient temps of 25C and the Iwaki had ambient temps of 27C. This leaves us with a delta of 2C ambient temps between the 2 pumps.

Although the D5 had the lowest temps it also had the lower ambient temps. However had higher delta between idle and load.

The Iwaki MD30RT had slightly higher temps with slightly higher ambient temps however the delta was lower.

Thoughts?
ECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2006, 10:21 PM   #2
Long Haired Git
Cooling Savant

Default Re: D5 and Iwaki MD 30R

How does this compare with my approximator???
"Securing an environment of Windows platforms from abuse - external or internal - is akin to trying to install sprinklers in a fireworks factory where smoking on the job is permitted." (Prof. Gene Spafford)
My Rig, in all its glory, can be seen best here
AMD XP1600 @ 1530 Mhz | Soyo Dragon + | 256 Mb PC2700 DDRAM | 2 x 40 Gb 7200rpm in Raid-0 | Maze 2, eheim 1250, dual heater cores! | Full specifications (PCDB)

Long Haired Git is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2006, 07:01 AM   #3
ECH
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: D5 and Iwaki MD 30R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Haired Git
How does this compare with my approximator???
Hello,

I am not 100% I understand your question. It looks like your site is still under construction. Looks good so far. However I think you should add the GT series, man mine appears to be restictive (unless something is blocking water flow)

Last edited by ECH; 06-08-2006 at 06:36 PM.
ECH is offline   Reply With Quote