Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Snap Server / NAS / Storage Technical Goodies
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Snap Server / NAS / Storage Technical Goodies The Home for Snap Server Hacking, Storage and NAS info. And NAS / Snap Classifides

Unread 02-19-2008, 12:32 AM   #1
*Sonic*
Cooling Neophyte

Default Need some help with SnapServer 4000

Sorry for my first post being technical and all that

We found in our stock room an old SnapServer 4000 that was still brand new in the box never been used

So I took it all out and plugged it in and went to configure it and it wont let me set the date (its currently at 1/1/1980)

The OS is version 2 something and bios 2.01 so I phoned Adaptec who told me the Warranty & support expired 8 years ago, and no matter how much I tried to explain that the unit was brand spanking new and this was its first time ever switched on she wouldnt have it and kept saying she couldnt undertstand and in fact hung up on me twice (after me phoning Germany)

How do I get an upgrade of the Firmware / Software so I can use this in our Windows 2003 Active Directory and how can I force setting the date to a year in this century, its beginning to really frustrate me now as we really need the space on the Snap as our database is using all our currently available disk space so need a dumping ground for other data

Adaptec have been completly useless and wont even tell me how I can get round the date problem

I did manage to get version 3.4 of the software but it still doesnt work with AD nor can I still set the date

Cheers

Steve
*Sonic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 05:15 AM   #2
rpmurray
Cooling Savant

Default Re: Need some help with SnapServer 4000

It's possible, that after sitting around for eight years, the battery on the motherboard that keeps the clock running has run out of juice. Have you tried replacing it?
rpmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 05:20 AM   #3
blue68f100
Thermophile

Default Re: Need some help with SnapServer 4000

Most users have been able to get v4.0.860 by contacting sells. Normally they charge like $225usd but users have been able to talk the sells persons into getting it free, since Adaptec has marked all SnapOS units as EOL and dropped support. You only other option is BT. We keep hopping that Adaptec would make v4 available free from their support page, but not yet.

You do no that the Snap OS does not support Vista.....

Yea, we all know Adaptec has a serious problem with customer service, to put it mildly. The reason this site is so popular when it comes to out of warrant or in need of customer support.

Link to SnapOS FAQ's http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=13820
blue68f100 is offline   Reply With Quote