Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 01-07-2003, 12:02 PM   #26
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Well, we're sticky now, so enjoy! Any changes in location will be edited into the top of the topic. I'm going to change the opening post to give instructions (though there is online help on the page). If you have any questions or need help, please post here and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Cheers!
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2003, 07:15 PM   #27
Gulp35
Cooling Savant

I'm guessing these measurements are of the actual cooling surface not the barb attachments too. I say this because the Chevette heatercore is measured 6x6 1/8x2.

You did a great job with this, It would even better if it could include transmission coolers, radiators, etc.
ATi Radeon 9800Pro (stock, too hot)-----ATI RageXL
WD800JB+WD2500JB-------WD1600JD
Sony DVD/CDRW-------NEC 3520A Black
Forton350W--------Antec TruePower2.0 550W EPS12v
Gulp35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2003, 11:10 AM   #28
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

This does not include the barbs or the chambers at the end of the heatercore. The measurements are strictly fin dimensions. Refer to the pictures for more details.
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
Unread 02-07-2003, 09:09 PM   #29
BrianW
Cooling Savant

Just spoke to the guy who runs this place : www.heatercore4u.com , and he told me whoever is manufacturing those cores has lost the distributoin rights or something. He said his stock is dwendling and that he is'nt able to restock.

I was about to order two of these: http://www.heatercore4u.com/2-617.htm , and I found out this info.

Well I found this site where I can request a part from Auto Recycling Yards across the country. You just fill out a form, and you get responses right away. I found the cores I needed for $28.00 each!

Oh well I hope his sight stays up, otherwise someone will have to make a new chart for all us.....

Brian W

Flow: Res, Pump, CPU watervlock, Y into both rads, both rads into res independently.

Athlon XP 1800+ (@ 1731 - 150mhz fsb.), on a Asus A7N266-c, and a Radeon 9000 *waiting for RMA'd Saphire 9800 ultra from Newegg)
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2003, 11:13 AM   #30
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

So you're telling me that nobody makes FEDCO cores anymore? Strange ... though this can still be workable even if that is the case. While the part number would be no good, the part can still be cross-referenced to the vehicle that they are from in this dbase and the cores can be found from other suppliers. I'll look into providing part numbers from other manufacturers.

Thanks for the heads up.
Unread 02-16-2003, 05:51 AM   #31
Spamz0r
Cooling Neophyte

erm its absolutely useless

i do not know one single person who uses inches as a measurement system...

erm keep it up
[1700+ (1466MHz 1.5v @ 1983MHz 1.975v) 2400+] - [SLK-800 w/50cfm Sunnon] - [Epox 8RDA+] - [256Mb Kingmax PC2100 & 256Mb Crucail PC2100 @ 2:2:2:5:2] - [ GF4 Leadtek 4200 (250/513 @ 300/600)] - [ 12851 3d2001SE]

Hardware :: Modding :: Cooling :: Software :: Games :: Reviews :: Forums :: All at PlanetModz
Spamz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2003, 03:37 PM   #32
Gulp35
Cooling Savant

BrianW Can you post a link to this site.

btw as of right now I get "this site is not responding" when trying to access this page, Hope it is just a technical difficulty b/c this site is very helpful
ATi Radeon 9800Pro (stock, too hot)-----ATI RageXL
WD800JB+WD2500JB-------WD1600JD
Sony DVD/CDRW-------NEC 3520A Black
Forton350W--------Antec TruePower2.0 550W EPS12v
Gulp35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2003, 09:59 AM   #33
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

If you're referring to the heatercore db site, it may have just been that the machine was down for maintenance. Being that it's on my personal workstation, it isn't a real 24/7 operation ... there is probably going to be a couple hours here or there that I have to turn it off. Sorry.
Unread 02-25-2003, 03:49 AM   #34
Tacops
Cooling Neophyte

What are the measures in inches?

I found a heatercore measuring L:11 W:5 D:3 in inches

Is this big enuff or relatively small?
Unread 02-25-2003, 04:01 AM   #35
BrianW
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by Tacops
What are the measures in inches?

I found a heatercore measuring L:11 W:5 D:3 in inches

Is this big enuff or relatively small?
What is the fedco part # on that one? I can not seem to locate one w/ those dimensions.

BTW that is a great sized HC, although you will need a bit more pressure to get air through 3".

Brian W

Flow: Res, Pump, CPU watervlock, Y into both rads, both rads into res independently.

Athlon XP 1800+ (@ 1731 - 150mhz fsb.), on a Asus A7N266-c, and a Radeon 9000 *waiting for RMA'd Saphire 9800 ultra from Newegg)
Unread 02-25-2003, 10:18 AM   #36
Tacops
Cooling Neophyte

D=depth of heatercore

I dont know where it came from as it was lying in my uncle's garage

It looks like aluminium to me,hoses look like 1/2

Will it be a problem using an alu heatercore with a copper waterblock?
Unread 02-25-2003, 10:37 AM   #37
Tacops
Cooling Neophyte

Sorry for the questions

How do you clean an aluminium heatercore,can i use coke i heard it cleans very well

How do i know which barb is the inlet?
Unread 02-27-2003, 09:35 AM   #38
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Okay, that isn't a heatercore. First off, an aluminum radiator will cause many problems with a copper block. Additives only lessen those problems. Second, that is a tranny cooler, not a heatercore. Engine/Tranny coolers are aluminum, heatercores are copper/brass. I wouldn't use that if I were you ... but that's just me. It would probably work okay, if you had an aluminum block, of course, though you'll have worse performance than using a copper system.
Unread 02-28-2003, 05:35 AM   #39
Tacops
Cooling Neophyte

I scratched the tank paint and looks copper covered with zinc paint

Ill post a pic tonight
Unread 02-28-2003, 10:14 AM   #40
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Interesting ... you'll rarely find a tranny cooler anything but aluminum.

Were the dimensions you posted FIN dimensions or TOTAL dimensions?
Unread 04-07-2003, 06:33 PM   #41
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

ATTENTION!!!

Pictures do not work except for GM vehicles at the moment. When I get around to spidering them off of another site, I will have the pictures working again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Unread 04-07-2003, 07:46 PM   #42
Blackeagle
Thermophile

dedication man!

I was sorry to see the Fedco site fold after the fine work you did setting up the core data base. Great to see you have found a way to restore it.

Where did you find another listing so complete as that one was?
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2003, 08:47 PM   #43
pHaestus
Big Player
Making Big Money

If you have a saved copy of the old heatercore4u site, I have permission from the owner to mirror it. Unfortunately he took it down before I could leech it in entirety He just said to take his pricing and contact info off the pages. If someone has downloaded the site in the past, I will gladly mirror it on Procooling.
pHaestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2003, 10:52 AM   #44
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Unfortunately I deleted the spidered pages. I will be downloading the images themselves to my local host and if you want to mirror the entire thing you would be more than welcome to. I'm starting the spider on the new site now.
Unread 04-08-2003, 11:14 AM   #45
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Ugh ... their site isn't spider friendly. I'm going to try a couple more tools. Otherwise it'll be brute force downloading ... doing it manually for over 230 heatercore pictures in multiple directories that I can't do listings on. Goddammit.
Unread 04-08-2003, 11:21 AM   #46
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

I think I found a way to do a brute force spider on it, so I guess I'll see how the results come out. It appears that not all of the models that are listed in my database are listed on the new site, however, so some of the links may not work. I'll have more information as things progress.
Unread 04-08-2003, 12:31 PM   #47
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Okay. The job is finished! You should find that over 2/3 of the entries in the dbase have associated pictures, and I can't find the rest. If any of you have pictures you would like to contribute for the other parts (similar to those already present), please send them to me and I'll get them on posthaste.

By the way, somebody owes me a beer for this, hehe.
Unread 04-08-2003, 09:35 PM   #48
BrianW
Cooling Savant

Airspirit, when u get the page done, pm me and I will host a miror for you. We talked about it earlier, but you never got the page to me.

Brian W

Unread 04-11-2003, 06:32 PM   #49
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Go to the listed address, and in the heatercores folder download heatercores.zip. It contains the entire frontpage web.
Unread 04-13-2003, 01:35 AM   #50
BrianW
Cooling Savant

OK, I will get it up soon. Can you eMail me @ brianw@thengc.net when you make updates please.

Brian W