Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 02-22-2003, 10:57 PM   #26
pHaestus
Big Player
Making Big Money

http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/sho...&threadid=5885

It lives!
pHaestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2003, 10:27 AM   #27
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

This is very nice, Thanks to Bill and the others who wanted it, and thanks to pH for pushing me to put it up

ProCooling archive curator and dusty skeleton.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2003, 11:09 AM   #28
pHaestus
Big Player
Making Big Money

And remember guys that this is going to have to be specific to be of use. For example, a link to Comair Rotron is great, but links to the specific fan pages of interest with the fans that are included in that page's specs is far more useful. Basically if one can't DIRECTLY pull the information from the searching of the links then it fails to be a good tool. I will have to work on this a good bit
Unread 02-23-2003, 11:21 AM   #29
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

an alternate method might be when it is possible to link into the index page listing the fans by model #, which has a link to the specific datasheet

I seem to recall AbbA fans are listed thusly, and Pabst also ?
have to dig a bit
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2003, 11:37 AM   #30
pHaestus
Big Player
Making Big Money

the problem is that the link description then has to include all of the models on the page or else when you search for specific fans then it won't turn up. I am thinking that the easiest thing is to include both: specific links to fans and then a link to the mfgr's general specs page.
Unread 03-09-2003, 11:19 AM   #31
pHaestus
Big Player
Making Big Money

A good many links were added last night, and when I am gone to the US I will have lots of late night time to catalog my links and add them.
Unread 03-09-2003, 06:25 PM   #32
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Thank you, and you're welcome
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2003, 01:42 PM   #33
Ice Czar
Cooling Neophyte

Howdy pHaestus

building a link farm I see
You interested in some non-cooling topics?

IE
Security
Freeware Utilities
Storage
Power (working on a comprehensive power tutorial and a who's who in manufacturing and brands)

and speaking of freeware this would help maintain your farm if you can convert between a standard browser folder and html
AM Deadlink

Ive been keeping a real low profile over here, till Ive got something to show instead of talk about

But I see all my old [H]forum mates
Unread 11-26-2003, 07:52 AM   #34
G33k
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally posted by pHaestus
I was looking at the distributed folding statistics and how one can generate graphs from x-y data by merely selecting columns and trying to figure out how to make that work with pumps the other day. Out of my league unfortunately.
I'm a solution could be formed with a tiny sql database, a little .php script and the gd graphics library (for php) to produce the graph.. ?

Excellent idea by the way - I too have spent far to much time wading through crappy links. One small critism of the current layout though - it's not particularly easy to browse the information. That's fine if you know exactly what you're looking for, but if there were a more visible tree structure, it would make life easier.
Unread 02-18-2004, 02:20 PM   #35
Jabo
Cooling Savant

I'd recommend this 'Linkage' project to everyone, n00b or pro, interested in our passion. Wealth of information, great authors and what's the most important very good editing. I have so little time to spare that checking worthless links is worst than throwing £10 notes into a furnace every 1 min.
I'll try to contribute by providing some TEC themed links as well as list of places where you can get various materials from (recently I discovered some extrodinary insulating materials for sub-ambient cooling). Also plumbing parts are not easy to come by especially if you are not a pro plumber and only by looking at stuff can judge if it's going to be of any use. Raw materials @ reasonable prices and CNC machining shops are also quite valuable imho
I'll try to post it by the end of this week (hopefully )
Jabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2004, 09:42 PM   #36
pHaestus
Big Player
Making Big Money

Default You'll like this Bill

I added overclockers.com to the Pro/Search and had it crawl their website. That should have added every Overclockers article/review to the Procooling search engine. The description that it adds is gibberish but it seems to work somewhat well.

Unread 09-30-2005, 03:20 PM   #37
stev
Cooling Neophyte

Here's a simple and quick index to find stuff in the forums or on the site ...

Using Google try this example in the search box

site:forums.procooling.com pump

This example works on other websites. This will even work with the Google images as well.

You can add more words like a regular search after the pump word example above. Or change the word pump to something like Zalman or Thermaltake or whatever you like.

Google will list the most active topics first. The fewer the words are for the search, the most up-to-date listing appears. So, it's a working balance on what and how to find things.
stev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2006, 05:52 AM   #38
Smurfy
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: why techie sites don't cross-link their good articles ??

What about making a filter for approved/unapproved links.

Approved links that Ph or someone else has approved and Unapproved for ones yet to be approved, i would think this would help ease the maintenance of such a database and allow for more in depth searching for those that require it.
Smurfy is offline   Reply With Quote