Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 06-18-2004, 04:58 PM   #126
satanicoo
Cooling Savant

Sarcastic. Really .

Anyway, what we are fighting here are only opinions now. No one will win.
Check my video.
And could you tell more about your fanless system? Something tells me that it isnt only the CPU being watercooled...
Unread 06-18-2004, 05:10 PM   #127
Groth
Cooling Savant

Speaking of your video, what codec does it use? and where do I get that codec?
Groth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2004, 06:46 PM   #128
Fly
Cooling Neophyte

Hehe, agreed satanicoo.

Well, I am not totally fanless, the enermax silent PSU is has two fans but they are self adjusting and do a good job of clearing the warm air from the mobo and HDDs.

Downloading your video again, it timed out on me.
Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2004, 07:05 PM   #129
pHaestus
Big Player
Making Big Money

Eh you guys build my reviews up to be much more than they actually are. Give the new setup a chance to get running and then hopefully it'll become something that really can be held up as a standard. For now though you just like it because you hang out here regularly; same as the Bit-tech readers and Fly's review.
Unread 06-18-2004, 07:41 PM   #130
RedViper
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone_fishin
People who decide it meets their needs will most likely be someone who knows very little of watercooling and gets duped by the type of advice in this thread. It is not your money either so why should you care to promote a paper mache product?
"People who decide the Reserator meets their needs aren't spending YOUR money, GF."

I think Hammer was trying to tell you that you shouldn't berate others for making choices with THEIR money. Forums like this just DRIP with that sort of e-BS, which just makes for a hostile environment for most everyone. No one likes to be told that they've been "duped" or that they "know very little." The Res 1 is a fine product for those people who hate noise with a passion and don't care about overclocking. And I suspect even better noiseLESS solutions are on the way.

Anyone who wants the skinny on the Res1 can find it easily.

Last edited by RedViper; 06-19-2004 at 08:51 AM.
RedViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2004, 09:46 PM   #131
satanicoo
Cooling Savant

Oh god,
my video uses the compression my camera uses, the "Sunplus Sp54 Codec"

Yuk....

http://satanicoo.do.sapo.pt/silence.avi

Enjoy. uses divX.
Unread 06-18-2004, 09:46 PM   #132
Etacovda
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHaestus
Eh you guys build my reviews up to be much more than they actually are. Give the new setup a chance to get running and then hopefully it'll become something that really can be held up as a standard. For now though you just like it because you hang out here regularly; same as the Bit-tech readers and Fly's review.

I dont think so. I think you work pretty damn hard to make sure you have all the variable at least mentioned, if not accounted for. I may not have been here long, but it doesnt take a genious to figure out that Bill would be slamming you pretty hard if you were off by a mile

I guess silence is relative; I cant hear a 5v 120mm fan personally, if theres no grill directly in front of it. Even if there is, id have to get mighty close.
Etacovda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2004, 02:45 AM   #133
gone_fishin
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly
I agree, performance wise it is only as good as a good aircooler but you really are not looking at the other things like looks, build quality, ease of assembly, upgradeability and sheer kudos of having a watercooling tower next to your PC if you have never touched water cooling before.

As for reviews that make crap shine, I'm not a Zalman fanboy if that is what you are insinuating. In fact, the last article I reviewed of theirs got a pretty bad panning. Reviews are independent OPINIONS, the same way one car reviewer may think that the latest Ford truck sucks ass another will rave that it was made by God himself.
I want to quote what you have found to be endearing qualities in a cooling solution,
Quote Fly
" looks, build quality, ease of assembly, upgradeability and sheer kudos of having a watercooling tower next to your PC " unquote Fly

Now that I have pointed that out, you have done a good job at appealing to those individuals who know nothing of watercooling and contributed to the raping and pillaging of the uninformed masses of potential customers to watercooling, Congradulations.

Oh, and how do you upgrade crap, with more crap???
gone_fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2004, 03:49 AM   #134
BalefireX
Cooling Savant

gone_fishin - You have made a number of comments in this thread to the effect that the Zalman Reserator is a "crap" system, that the reviews of it are poorly done and unreliable, etc. However, at the same time as you are berating others for not having reliable data, you seem to have absolutely no data of your own. I don't see you referencing a review done by a "reliable" source, nor do I believe that you have used a Reserator, or have a test bench suitable for making the claims you have made. Your comments seem to be based purely on conjecture. Correct me if I am wrong, as I would love to see reliable data on the subject, but is this not just a case of bullsh*tting the bullsh*tters?
Unread 06-19-2004, 05:29 AM   #135
Fly
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Now that I have pointed that out, you have done a good job at appealing to those individuals who know nothing of watercooling and contributed to the raping and pillaging of the uninformed masses of potential customers to watercooling, Congradulations.

Oh, and how do you upgrade crap, with more crap???
I thought we had agreed to disagree?
Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2004, 02:54 PM   #136
bobkoure
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHaestus
Eh you guys build my reviews up to be much more than they actually are.
I'll bet US$20 that you can't find a better one, recently published (so all of Bill and Joe's work aside).

Quote:
...you just like it because you hang out here regularly
Erm... for me, that's exactly backwards - came for the reviews and stuck around once I discovered the community here
bobkoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2004, 07:21 PM   #137
satanicoo
Cooling Savant

http://www.virtual-fusion.com/pagina...op=review&id=8

A portugal review... look at the temperatures.
Unread 06-23-2004, 03:55 PM   #138
gone_fishin
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanicoo
http://www.virtual-fusion.com/pagina...op=review&id=8

A portugal review... look at the temperatures.
Can't tell a thing by that. Did they allow it to reach equalibrium when applying the load? Did they use any external airflow at the resevoir?

Rough babelfish,
" After about one hour with the on computer, by form to obtain a temperature of balance in the water, they had been initiated benchmarks. Initiated the CPU Stability Tester, the gotten results had been the following ones"

From that I get that they ran it for an hour, fired up the CPU Stability Tester and took a reading. Further, they claim 26C ambient temp and a CPU temp of 31C idle. While stock heatsink idle is claimed to be over twice as high over ambient at 37C.

Algo tresanda em Portugal.
gone_fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2004, 04:31 PM   #139
satanicoo
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone_fishin
Algo tresanda em Portugal.
Lol eh eh.
Unread 10-01-2004, 02:24 PM   #140
debay777
Cooling Neophyte

Default Im not stupid

I agree with the fact that the resorator isnt ideal for large hard core gaming systems. It says so on the package and all the advertisements. The resorator is for the computer nut who never wants to hear his machine make a noise unless it comes from the speakers. If you really break it down, many of the extra add ons we put on our machines gain us just minor degrees of performance increase or temp. decrease. And alot of those products cost us dearly. I think that what stands out the most is, is that the cost of the resorator compared to the performance EXPECTED from a high end water cooling system is rather unproportional. I personaly am very sick and tired of hearing the small airport that lives in the corner of my bedroom. I am in the process of building a computer in the ANTEC ARIA case where ther isnt a lot of room for fans and exhaust ports or water cooling systems. My only real alternative is to break out the dremmel tool and mod it up. But that defeats the purpose of the Aria's noise dampening qualities. The other choice is to try water cooling. A lot of the external and internal water cooling systems out there are just as noisy as a clocked computer. That defeats my goal of rebuilding my computer to be a quiet machine. For me the resorator is a bit expensive, BUT, from what I can see so far it will perform to the specifications of MY needs. And THAT is what modding is all about. Taking a stock computer and making it do what YOU want it to do. And that is the spirit that should be in this forum concerning water cooling technology. Not everytihing works for everybody. The resorator certainly wont work for hard gamers, but there are those of us who are not looking at just performance upgrades. So, please, everybody ease off and relax. Modding is all about having fun and seeing what works!!!!!
debay777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2004, 06:08 PM   #141
RedViper
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by debay777
So, please, everybody ease off and relax. Modding is all about having fun and seeing what works!!!!!
It SHOULD be about having fun and seeing what works. But the general attitude in places like this is that WC exists only in certain boundaries and HAS to stay right there. :shrug:
RedViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2004, 08:32 PM   #142
debay777
Cooling Neophyte

Default home made systems?

well aside from all the bickering from the last thread, how hard would it be to make your own fanless cooling tower? there are several good pumps out there and more than enough pipe fittings and such. How hard could it be to create your own system? I know there are risks involved, but a well though out system could perform at an equal level to and maybe even surpass the resorator. the difficulty may be more trouble than its worth, but im sure somebody somewhere tried it. any ideas?
debay777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2004, 11:14 PM   #143
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by debay777
well aside from all the bickering from the last thread, how hard would it be to make your own fanless cooling tower? there are several good pumps out there and more than enough pipe fittings and such. How hard could it be to create your own system? I know there are risks involved, but a well though out system could perform at an equal level to and maybe even surpass the resorator. the difficulty may be more trouble than its worth, but im sure somebody somewhere tried it. any ideas?
Perhaps questions worthy of a thread of their own.

Here is a passive rad from innovatek that it very interesting. http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant2...=InnovaKonvect

I would like to see a comparison on this against the Zalman.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote