Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 08-10-2004, 09:15 AM   #51
them0nk
Cooling Neophyte

Muahahahahaha you know another thing that'd be sorta funny.... if someone took a really big one of these things... and used the one fan remotely with ducting for all the cooling in the computer... i bet it'd work great.
them0nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2004, 09:24 AM   #52
them0nk
Cooling Neophyte

http://www.comairrotron.com/dc_motorized.asp hmmm
Unread 08-10-2004, 09:33 AM   #53
them0nk
Cooling Neophyte

http://www.comairrotron.com/details_...tNumberID=1272 i bet that thing is expensive.
Unread 08-10-2004, 03:12 PM   #54
jlrii
Cooling Savant

If anyone finds a ditributer that stocks the 4'" variant @ 12v please post it. I cant seem to find any at a price that is anywhere close to reasonable. Most of there disributers deal in large volumes only.
jlrii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2004, 04:29 PM   #55
them0nk
Cooling Neophyte

the prices are rediculously high for any variant... i've been searching for 2 days now and i have found some cool fans but they're all around 80 dollars...

One question i do have is, i'm only trying to go after the motorized impeller idea because i want it to be quieter and more effeciant...

As far as motor noise... would a 12 vdc or 24vdc motor make more or less noise than the other... and even AC ... my friend is an electrical engineer where i work so there is no problem with makeing it connect and turn on :-P

I'm almost just going to say oh well and spend the 80 dollars on the nice one that i want that is a 12v 170ish CFM 1.1something h2o model... and run it around 7 volts... wouldn't that be damn silent? and still be blowing 80+ CFM?
Unread 08-11-2004, 06:46 PM   #56
jlrii
Cooling Savant

As far as noise goes RPMs is RPMS. Voltage will not matter. Meaning the same size fan at the same rpm will move same amount of air at the same volume. I would shoot for what is most convienient for controlling the speed at the most convienient voltage. I'm guessing you're looking at the 5.25 inch ones.
jlrii is offline   Reply With Quote