Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling The cat will only make the mistake of putting its paw by your HSF once. :) Also the place to discuss the new high end heat pipe goodness.

Unread 03-21-2003, 02:13 PM   #1
Atomic_Banana
Cooling Neophyte

Default How are these temps? :)

Hi guys, been reading this board for quite a while with interest and now I've got my new rig up and running I've just got some questions... I'm gonna be super careful about my cpu (I've got very edgy ever since I blew up my 1.2gig a year ago!)

anyway here's my rig in reagrds to cpu stuff :P

XP 2400+
Globalwin CAK4-88T Thermal Control Heatsink
put on with a nice thin application of artic silver 3

I've done to sandra burn in test, running 10 loops of 100% cpu load, it reached 36C. It idles at about 30C. I need to sort out my case temp which is 21C but yeah thats another story

So how are those temps? are these temps/cooler ok for some *mild* overclocking (*has flashbacks to 1.2 going up in a puff of smoke*).

/thanks guys
Atomic_Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2003, 02:27 PM   #2
winewood
Cooling Savant

From past posters, I would think that you would be fine for overclocking as your temperature went up past 55C. So as long as you stay under that mark, you could get a good stable OC. I dont know how hot the 2200 runs, so I cant give you a benchmark if your system runs higher or lower.
Unread 03-21-2003, 02:33 PM   #3
Atomic_Banana
Cooling Neophyte

so basically, I have a nice bit of head room for overclocking, and as long as I'm careful and keep it under 55C everything shall be fine?

I'm guessing when my nforce 2 bios is fixed in regards to my corsair mem I shall just very gradually increase fsb, test temps, and keep going until I hit instability/55C ?
Atomic_Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2003, 02:56 PM   #4
winewood
Cooling Savant

http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/sho...&threadid=6103

Let me refer to this thread. It helped me understand overclocking in great detail.
Unread 04-16-2003, 09:27 PM   #5
Phuzun
Cooling Neophyte

The lower the better when it comes to the life of the cpu. My temp is 35c/95f load, and 25c/75f ambient. Idle its about 3-5f less. Thats with watercooling though. I had a Coolermaster Heatpipe sink, which ran 98f idle, 105f load. I wanted to get into water cooling though, especially with the ablity to add onto my existing system without adding more fans.

This is with my 1.2ghz tbird at 1.33ghz, 140fsb, 9.5x multi.

It can hit 1.42ghz, but is a bit unstable, and its not from the temp or voltage, which is 1.8v and can run 1.9v with no added bonus.
40x2 Maxtor HD in Raid 0
27gb IBM ata100
Ati 8500 / crystal orb, homemade ramsinks
Sblive Platinum
Maze 3-1
Black Ice Radiator
NIC card
7 volts runnin to all fans /cept the orbs
Phuzun is offline   Reply With Quote