Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 06-26-2003, 01:44 PM   #1
shooter1663
Cooling Neophyte

Default Black ice cooling fan

I am trying to put my water cooling rig together one peice at a time. I have my black ice Radiater and just received my Rotron "Tarzan" 7x7x4' 340cfm fan. 115vac 1.5amps, they also have these in D/C but i decided to go with the A/C fan for my purpose. I had to build a shroud for this thing to work properly so the fan sets approxamitly 5" back from the radiator.This thing blows some serious air.
My goal is to run a chilled water system rather than a tech system. I also have purchased one of the old refrigerated systems that keep two different fruit juices cold and stirrs them also, (i will do away with the stirrers and cut down the containers to a workable size).This unite also hase a thermostate for controling the temp. As I get further along I will post pictures If anyone is interested.
shooter1663 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2003, 02:36 PM   #2
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

So whats the point of the rad and high CFM fan if your going to have a phase change setup to cool the water? Whats the Black Ice and monster fan for? Seems to me adding a Rad and fan to a chilled water system will only raise the water temps up closer to ambient?
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2003, 02:45 PM   #3
JSimmons
Cooling Savant

Location: 4-sided room with an exit going east, and an exit going south

That sounds more over-engineered than my duct.
Unread 06-26-2003, 04:28 PM   #4
shooter1663
Cooling Neophyte

Default Black Ice & 340cfm fan

Setting up regular water cooling first to get by.
Ultimate goal is for water chilled system. It will take a while to figure out the water chill system, I may still use the fan for the condensor cooling. I want the chilling system in a seperate carry case approx weight 40lbs.
shooter1663 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2003, 04:45 PM   #5
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Default Re: Black Ice & 340cfm fan

Quote:
Originally posted by shooter1663
Setting up regular water cooling first to get by.
Ultimate goal is for water chilled system. It will take a while to figure out the water chill system, I may still use the fan for the condensor cooling. I want the chilling system in a seperate carry case approx weight 40lbs.
Sounds like a plan! Yes post pics as you go!
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote