Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 07-11-2004, 10:15 PM   #1
NoXi0uS
Cooling Neophyte

What materials and where to buy?

I am starting a project using a 350 gph submers pump with 6' head and custom res in which the pump will reside with homemade water blocks and radiator(heater core with fans)... everything in my system I plan on fabricating myself, I have the mill to do it and plenty of brazing experience all I need to know is what materials should I be looking on getting, copper I hope(I have heard you can purchase copper plate from home depot). And the resevoir what should i use? I need to know what types of clear materials for my res, I plan on mounting this in a high tower atx server case (modded ofcourse, I am working on the actual design layout atm, but I have decided to rid of this dell mobo and overclock my p4 2.6 prescott ht to 3.6-4.0, INPUT please alos Im new so HIYA!

Also What thickness should the copper plates be I plan on purchasing, I am a carpenter, so lets try to stay in inches LOL. Ill keep you guys posted on how well this plays out for me, plan on taking about a month to complete this project. (Also plan on fuxin up alot.)

HERE IS MY CASE, I plan on starting wed of this week with the res, and water blocks if i can find the material fast enough.

Second edit, I went into photoshop and did a fast illustration of my idea, simple design just wanting some opinions on the efrfectiveness of flow and restriction.

Last edited by NoXi0uS; 07-11-2004 at 10:34 PM.
NoXi0uS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2004, 04:47 PM   #2
greenman100
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoXi0uS
I am starting a project using a 350 gph submers pump with 6' head and custom res in which the pump will reside with homemade water blocks and radiator(heater core with fans)... everything in my system I plan on fabricating myself, I have the mill to do it and plenty of brazing experience all I need to know is what materials should I be looking on getting, copper I hope(I have heard you can purchase copper plate from home depot). And the resevoir what should i use? I need to know what types of clear materials for my res, I plan on mounting this in a high tower atx server case (modded ofcourse, I am working on the actual design layout atm, but I have decided to rid of this dell mobo and overclock my p4 2.6 prescott ht to 3.6-4.0, INPUT please alos Im new so HIYA!

Also What thickness should the copper plates be I plan on purchasing, I am a carpenter, so lets try to stay in inches LOL. Ill keep you guys posted on how well this plays out for me, plan on taking about a month to complete this project. (Also plan on fuxin up alot.)

HERE IS MY CASE, I plan on starting wed of this week with the res, and water blocks if i can find the material fast enough.

Second edit, I went into photoshop and did a fast illustration of my idea, simple design just wanting some opinions on the efrfectiveness of flow and restriction.

I'd crap the res if possible, but if you decide to build it, use acrylic and acrylic joiner, it's s chemical the melts the plastc together

you want to use copper, thickness is up to you, have a look in the waterblock galleries, I recommend AGAINST acrylic tops, they crack

what's the head rating on that pump?

what are you doing for a rad? you need 50sq in or more to effectively (read, quietly) handle that prescott.

think about active cooling for your mosfets
greenman100 is offline   Reply With Quote