Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 07-12-2004, 12:37 AM   #26
Cathar
Thermophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
Dunno, but one I did earler (OC's forum):
Seems to agree. 1m^3/min =~ 35CFM
21.6W/C = 0.046C/W

Seems to hit the spot on your green line pretty well.
Cathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2004, 12:56 AM   #27
caxis0
Cooling Neophyte

Cathar, Thankyou for the response. All of your points are good ones--it is a matter of knowing who to trust, and when it comes down to it, after months of poking around the net and almost nightly reading, I trust the regulars here more.

I have an issue with flipping the bix, if I did that then I'd have to leave it mounted how it is and have the fan blowing onto the radiator. I'm under the impression that fans blowing onto a radiator don't work as well (or require a thicker shroud) when compared to fans pulling air through the radiator. Is this true? Lemme show you why:

See, the LianLi PC60 series have that extended metal from the sides of the PSU to the 5 1/4" bays. I cut it special for mounting the bix so that the barbed parts were exposed--it came out pretty nice considering my less than long time experience with a dremel. It has a 25mm thick shroud installed between the rad and the fan. (One of the black mini cool shrouds)

Is it as simple as flipping the fan, or is there more to be considered?

Since you didn't go into what kinda performance I'd lose, am I to assume it's that bad?

Bruce
caxis0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2004, 01:20 AM   #28
Cathar
Thermophile

If you flip the fan, leave the BIX as is, and use the front fans to assist with pulling air through the BIX, I doubt you'd see much different. That's just an opinion though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caxis0
Since you didn't go into what kinda performance I'd lose, am I to assume it's that bad?
You probably would've been better off not to have the BIX there at all, but still kept the Panaflo to help suck air through the BIM2.

Now that you have the BIX though, make that your radiator.
Cathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2004, 01:27 AM   #29
caxis0
Cooling Neophyte

Thanks for the help
caxis0 is offline   Reply With Quote