Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 06-26-2004, 03:56 AM   #1
BlackStealth
Cooling Neophyte

Default WC Setup all done but One problem :(

Okay Cool I got the D-Tek PRO-120 HC it is smaller than the crappy Be-Cooling HC I had. I put everything together although something bad happened Not sure the what went wrong with the my 9800XT card I installed the tweakmaster BGA heatsinks with the Artic alumina when I started the computer everything was gibberish. Not sure what's up with my luck in the my WC setup No leaking no nothing! So I went ahead and installed my NVIDIA Ti 4600 and everything was smooth. Temps at idel were 22~23c and at load around 27c those look good. Although I am still concerned about my ATI, the ramsinks were installed with the Artic Alumina and those are permanent! Okay I removed them and installed the stock HeatSink and tried again no Luck! No I wanna find out how did the thing got damaged? I am pretty sure it is not the Ramsinks! But I think it could be that I crashed the GPU core when installing the SilverProp Fusion HL. When I installed it the piping was on the barbs so it was a little harder. Can someone help me out? DO you get those gibberish crap when the core is crashed or nothing is suppose to happen when the GPU core is crashed?

I also have another problem if you guyz could help me out! I currently use Distilled water with Swiftech HydrX the directions mentioned to mix the 2oz bottle with 1 liter of distilled water. The tubing is all foamy and has air in the tubing when the pump is stopped! From the reading I did people are facing this problem with the wetter water so they remove some of the mix and add more distilled water. Could that help?

Last edited by BlackStealth; 06-26-2004 at 04:08 AM.
BlackStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2004, 10:10 AM   #2
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

A crushed processor core will behave erratically; it's going to be really unpredictable. What we do know for sure is that there is a large portion of the core that is RAM and I/O, so your results are consistent.

The other possibility here is that some of the thermal paste or epoxy you used ended up somewhere where it wasn't supposed to be. This *might* be recoverable, if that's the case.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2004, 03:27 PM   #3
BlackStealth
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben2k
A crushed processor core will behave erratically; it's going to be really unpredictable. What we do know for sure is that there is a large portion of the core that is RAM and I/O, so your results are consistent.

The other possibility here is that some of the thermal paste or epoxy you used ended up somewhere where it wasn't supposed to be. This *might* be recoverable, if that's the case.
Thank you BigBen for your reply! yeah the results are consistant, I also checked that there is no epoxy or Artic Silver 5 next to the core I also cleaned most parts with Isopropyl Alcohol. Maybee flashing the card could help!

Last edited by BlackStealth; 06-26-2004 at 03:41 PM.
Unread 06-27-2004, 12:29 AM   #4
pippin88
Cooling Savant

Does the core have physical damage? If not then it's not likely to be the core. I'd say its thermal paste between ram pins or something.
pippin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2004, 12:47 AM   #5
BlackStealth
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippin88
Does the core have physical damage? If not then it's not likely to be the core. I'd say its thermal paste between ram pins or something.
I dont see any kind of damage to core it self! But not sure the edge core is kind of rounded but not sure if that is damaged I also cleaned around the ram. Still no Luck! That sucks
Unread 07-13-2004, 12:42 PM   #6
bobkoure
Cooling Savant

Do you happen to have enough parts around that you can "parts-swap"? Either an extra (athalon-based) PC you can put the CPU into or an extra motherboard you can put in your PC.
At a minimum, see if you can borrow someone's "spare" graphics card - slow with only a little RAM is fine so long as it's AGP.

I'm just suggesting a very basic "swap stuff around and see if the problem moves". If it's the graphics card, for instance, this won't tell you what is wrong with the card - but will at least isolate the problem to the card.
I'm afraid I've never crushed a core so I'm not sure what to look for.

Hope it's a cheap fix!
Bob
bobkoure is offline   Reply With Quote