Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Hardware and Case Mod's
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Hardware and Case Mod's You Paint it, Cut it, Solder it, bend it, light it up, make it glow or anything like that, here is your forum.

Unread 07-27-2004, 01:08 PM   #1
onephatcrackaII
Cooling Neophyte

Default newbie question....

Before i ask my question I just want to say wow. All these inovative stuff you guys think of doing to your computers is crazy. Thats why i thought i would ask you guys this question and i know you can answer it.

to make it short this is what i want to do.

hook my new toshiba laptop to an old IBM thinkpad 600e 13in LCD and then be able to put those into my car.

the audio i have figured out.... the power source i have figured out.....

the advice i need is how i can hook the lcd data cable to the working laptop without ripping it open (in hopes not to void the warranty). :shrug:

that way i can physically mount the 13 in. lcd in my glove box and then remove my laptop from the car at night.

i know you can help me out with this

thanks a head of time
onephatcrackaII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2004, 09:07 AM   #2
onephatcrackaII
Cooling Neophyte

so i guess no one here has a clue? :shrug:
onephatcrackaII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2004, 02:47 AM   #3
Groth
Cooling Savant

Damn near imposssible to do. OEM LCD panels don't come with the kind of driver ICs that let you hook them to a variety of sources (well, except for those on the new DTR notebooks with replaceable graphics cards).

In theory, yes, you can find the spec's on your panel, and find a driver chip, and find a bridge chip to make your laptop and new drive chip talk to each other, and make the needed circuit board. In reality, there's too much to learn and too much to spend to make it worthwhile.
Groth is offline   Reply With Quote