PDA

View Full Version : maybe nitpicking, but... (forum navigation question)

Albigger
12-14-2005, 08:53 PM
On this forum, when you go into a thread, at the top of the thread is the 'directory' if you want to call it that with links, for example:

Pro/Forums > ProCooling Site Goodies > Site Issues, Questions, Suggestions

where each one of those is a link. This is VERY handy, the problem is that at the end of a long thread this does not appear at the bottom of the thread, resulting in having to scroll way up to the top to use these links.

I know they have a similar layout at other forums (see ocforums for example) with these links at the top and bottom of the thread. I'm not sure if this is a vbulletin version difference or what is required to have this done, but I would like to see it happen if at all possible.

Thanks for reading.

--Jay

also - yes I know there is a 'forum jump' box at the bottom but that still takes two clicks plus having to look for (and remember which) portion of the forum you were viewing.

Joe
12-14-2005, 09:00 PM
Ahh I gotcah, yeh I can get something like that done give me a day or so to get on it.

Albigger
12-14-2005, 09:19 PM
woah - thanks Joe. I didn't mean it had to be a huge priority or anything, just felt it would help usability.

Thanks again.

BillA
12-23-2005, 07:47 AM
there seem to be 3 groups of threads that scroll on the front page, many threads don't ever show
split them as desired, but I'd prefer to see all threads scroll ( a chance to see different topics)

this post is an eg, were it visible you'd have more feedback

Joe
12-23-2005, 08:23 AM
Yep, thats why I am going to get it so you can pick what you want to see on the front page. I wanted 3 basic areas covered, but the one area that isnt is the site stuff. In the near future (sometime after the holidays) I will get that set up.

Joe
12-23-2005, 10:36 AM
I added in the site goodies to the list of stuff thats shown on the front page.