Pro/Forums

Pro/Forums (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/index.php)
-   Pro/Car and Motorsports Forum (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Catch me if you dare........... (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=9869)

#Rotor 06-22-2004 01:34 PM

Catch me if you dare...........

3 Attachment(s)
Oh Ya..... a Thread about the crimes and mutilations being commited against a little Diahatsu.....

For starters.... I am on a crappy TELKOM 40Kps Dialup connection.... so please do bare with the sometimes smallish pictures.....

here is where I start off again..... 7+ years of dust and shit..... :(
Am I glad I had the chassis powdercoated before I left here.....

nicozeg 06-23-2004 10:31 AM

Sorry to ask, but whats the deal of doing all that work on such an ugly car?

It must have some hidden secrets, please enlighten us. ;)

MadHacker 06-23-2004 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicozeg
Sorry to ask, but whats the deal of doing all that work on such an ugly car?

It must have some hidden secrets, please enlighten us. ;)

I don't think it is ugly...
add a nice paint job... tinted windows...
will look sharp...
use your imagination :D

#Rotor 06-23-2004 12:44 PM

6 Attachment(s)
:D
Sure it's not a McLarenF1 BUT..........
as they say ...... uglyness is in the eye of the beholder....

lotsa hidden stuff.... tail lights are hidden, front indicators are hidden...

It's going to be white, and ya.... some tinted windows and some Rotary action up front, twin-rotor BridgePort with a 750 Holley to sniff through.... can allmost be sure the only ugly side known to most, will be the back side.... :D

here is some more pics...

msv 06-23-2004 03:53 PM

Hey, maaan... (written with Jamaican accent)
Is that a Wankel engine in the pics? And a Holley 750 (should alone be bigger than all of the original engine)? In something with the weight of that Daihatsu? Your´e building a monster, eh?
regards
Mikael S.

Puzzdre 06-24-2004 09:05 AM

LOOOOL man,

finally another toy to keep you busy! :)

Keep us posted ofcourse!

#Rotor 06-24-2004 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msv
Hey, maaan... (written with Jamaican accent)
Is that a Wankel engine in the pics? And a Holley 750 (should alone be bigger than all of the original engine)? In something with the weight of that Daihatsu? Your´e building a monster, eh?
regards
Mikael S.

jip, 2-rotor 13B 1308cc of pure rapid-fire goodness... The bridgeport motor that is intended for the Holley is estimated at a reliable 400 to 450 Bhp. This is not just the normal sized Bridgeport...... this thing's ports are massive, from there the need for that Holley.

killernoodle 06-24-2004 04:56 PM

OMG! You are the rotary madman! Coolest engines ever, those look to be the business too. Any plans for turbocharging or are you just gonna keep it NA? That thing looks to be a fun little car to roll around in. Probably light as hell too.

Dont stop posting!

#Rotor 06-25-2004 12:58 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by killernoodle
OMG! You are the rotary madman! Coolest engines ever, those look to be the business too. Any plans for turbocharging or are you just gonna keep it NA? That thing looks to be a fun little car to roll around in. Probably light as hell too.

Dont stop posting!

:D

It is from there that my nick name are.....

I have a massive TO4 Turbo and a 4-71 Blower here as well but I think 400HP is more than enough to yank the car around with... :) The blower is a tempting one....Turbos don't last too long on a rotary, because of the extreme heat of the exhaust gasses from the motor..... the car also has a dual separate exhausts system.... one for each rotor....

#Rotor 06-25-2004 01:16 PM

4 Attachment(s)
here is some more of the car, after a wash....... This was before I started work on the body now (was standing in the sun for 7 years.... the Black had its tole on the paintwork, but I was impressed at how well my fibre-glassing lasted. The front-end is completely remanufactured with Fiberglass.

Minimal reparations in preparation for the new color.

.... As will become clear... it's going to be white.

killernoodle 06-25-2004 03:40 PM

And a nice bike too :D

So that engine will do 400HP in NA flavor? Holy crap! And how do the turbos not last long in the heat? Are you buying ball bearing watercooled ones?

Puzzdre 06-25-2004 06:19 PM

LOL, you'll have to install a parachute or three to stop it once it catches the speed, and prolly invent some 'doubling gravity force' device to prevent it to spin the wheels in place...

Surely, I'd like to see it running !

errrrr, why do you have barbed wire on that fence?

nicozeg 06-25-2004 09:49 PM

Damn! you're making a very nasty little monster Dr. Frankenstein! :D :D :D

#Rotor 06-26-2004 01:14 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Puzzdre
LOL, you'll have to install a parachute or three to stop it once it catches the speed, and prolly invent some 'doubling gravity force' device to prevent it to spin the wheels in place...

Surely, I'd like to see it running !

errrrr, why do you have barbed wire on that fence?

the standard car had drum brakes on all 4rs..... ewoooo!!! NASTY.....

So I promptly converted them all to nicely ventilated disks. sould be almost as good as a shute... :)
The barbed wire is to keep those that feel they have a constitutional right to my stuff... from exercising that right... :D (we have some electric fencing on the opposing wall)

pictures of the turbo and the blower.......

MadHacker 06-26-2004 07:46 PM

[quote=#Rotor]The barbed wire is to keep those that feel they have a constitutional right to my stuff... from exercising that right... :D (we have some electric fencing on the opposing wall)QUOTE]
what? no gun turrets?
Feeling a little bit paranoid?
let me guess... u live in USA? land of freedom?
And personal electric fences :evilaugh:

Zogthetroll 06-26-2004 08:30 PM

RFLAO, God bless America.

#Rotor 06-27-2004 12:08 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Not America..... only about 10 times worse... :(

Got around today to cleaning up the front suspension a bit. Here is some shots of it….

jaydee 06-27-2004 01:50 PM

Did you have that imported? Steering wheel is on the wrong side? :D

#Rotor 06-28-2004 12:24 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydee116
Did you have that imported? Steering wheel is on the wrong side? :D

No, it's a local car, (or should I be more correct in saying it's actually from Rhodesia)
I'm In South Africa now.... here we drive on the correct side of the road, not the right side...

some pics again of what got done today..........

killernoodle 06-28-2004 12:52 PM

You should put a roll cage in it while you still can so you can take it to a track. Plus, I dont think that little ass car was made to go so fast safely:D

#Rotor 06-28-2004 03:07 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Indeed, a cage is on the -2do- list. but not for going to a track, just for safety sake.... the front suspension will probably not do all that well in extreme cornering ..... I did some extreme brake mods to all the wheels, It had drums all round and it's now all vented disks, added a booster as well, so the stopping power should be more than capable to handle a situation repeatedly.... I'm more aiming for a not too bad 1/4miler and the ability to say that I did 100% of all the work on the car myself...

/*Added ;
As for the turbos not lasting, it's more the smaller ones... The extra heat causes the turbine housing to fail prematurely. Small turbos are nice for their lack of turbo-lag, this Turbo however is big enough to probably last as long as the engine... but now I sit with another little hiccup, a Bridgeport motor has the inlet timing such that the port is open 360º, which means while the exhaust port is open, gasses can move straight through from the exhaust into the carbs.... The reason this is not good for when you are turbo charging, is because the turbo adds some back-pressure to the exhaust causing hot gasses to get pushed back up into the carb, now I don't know if any of you have ever seen a compressor’s impeller that had to eat a backfire a full throttle..... not a pretty site.... from there my tendency to favor the blower….
/*added ;

a little off topic.... I'm busy with a little fuel heater, using the engine oil to heat up the fuel, just before it enters the carb, want to see what that does to FE.

jaydee 06-28-2004 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #Rotor
No, it's a local car, (or should I be more correct in saying it's actually from Rhodesia)
I'm In South Africa now.... here we drive on the correct side of the road, not the right side...

some pics again of what got done today..........

Oh hell, I thought you were in Canada. My bad.

mfpmax 06-28-2004 10:39 PM

Wow, you need a webpage for this...I know two people off hand that'd love to see this.

#Rotor 06-29-2004 01:25 PM

I was in canada.... for 7.5 years......Canada spat me out again. :D

#Rotor 06-29-2004 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfpmax
Wow, you need a webpage for this...I know two people off hand that'd love to see this.

send them to this thread.... I'll be posting most of the stuff here anyhow