View Single Post
Unread 12-16-2002, 09:47 PM   #27
aenigma
Immature Title Goes Here

Quote:
Originally posted by bigben2k
Pfew... some more misinfo!

I think everyone knows that R134A is one of the most handicapped of all popular refrigerants. (if anyone else didn't, now you know!).

As for R290, here's the MSDS for it, ya'll can judge for yourself: R290 MSDS . In short, it's not so much using it that's a problem, it's storing and handling it. You should know how easy it is to have a refrigerant leak, especially in a home made/modded system.

I think it's clear that R290 is OTHERWISE a good choice.

Here's a link describing (to some extent) some popular refrigerants.

Here's a link for the DIYer.

Here's a fat PDF listing most refrigerants.

Here's a freeware one can download to calculate the pressure effect on some refrigerants. Here's a review of the software (!).

You seemed to have missed ymboc's point: talking to ONE person isn't anywhere near enough of a good sample to make a judgement, and certainly not enough to make a generalization.

If spending 4 hours with an HVAC tech didn't get you anywhere, well, I'm sorry! Try somewhere else.

(For the record, I post at many other forums)

I'm going to go read a paper now... and see who else blew themselves up!
Everything I said was NOT misinformation , I am not going to read your links as I am insulating my board right now to use my phase change system that uses propane, that by the way is NOT going to spontaneously combust
I also have good ASHRAE pdf's and I do not need anymore.I take it you do not know R290 is used commercially?Alot of people use R290(people you obviously don't know, because you stay here all the time).
You need oxygen for the propane to burn, if your phase change system leaks you suck at making them.That is your job to make sure your system is safe.If you know what your doing(like me) then R290 is a fine refrigerant.

I never said I talked to "1" tech, I just gave an example of 1 tech.Which by the way I know, which is why I was getting my ear chewed off by him for 4 hours about his business almost falling through.

Oh yes and for the record, I have yet to see anyone have problem using propane as a refrigerant.Go ahead and try and prove me wrong.I would like to see how many refrigeration systems YOU have built, and how much experiance YOU have with propane.

[H]opelessly
 Altered
 Results
 Destroy
 Overall
 Credibility
 Period
aenigma is offline   Reply With Quote