View Single Post
Unread 06-26-2003, 06:53 PM   #252
Cathar
Thermophile

Default Re: Exclusive?

Quote:
Originally posted by CNYC
Hi Cathar,

Is your relationship with DTEK exclusive or are you open to producing variants of the WW block you created? Looks like I might have missed a great opportunity if its an exclusive.

I would hope that you make a great profit from the time you spent designing the block.

I really am looking to get deep into watercooling since I think the timing is right. Do you think you can produce a lower cost, one inlet one outlet design? What do you think about silver plating a block? (I know a factory that can do silver plating very inexpensively)

I would like to take watercooling products (all in one unit(s) and waterblocks) to the mainstream; something that could be used by Dell or Gateway and something an enthusiast would be happy having in his system.

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

I won't discuss my relationship with DTek, other than to say that with respect to the White Water, it's pretty much exclusive. I am involved in ongoing development of the White Water design with them, which includes derivative variants to suit the needs of customers, either enthusiast or mainstream.

Silver-plating is a waste IMO. It's nothing more than a (literal) marketing shell. It does nothing for performance, but adds costs. If the base-plate were solid silver, then some value may be added, other than purely superficial in appearance.
Cathar is offline   Reply With Quote