View Single Post
Unread 12-16-2002, 05:43 PM   #16
aenigma
Immature Title Goes Here

Quote:
Originally posted by ymboc

And now in reference to the A/C tech comment you made. You spoke to *ONE* A/C tech at one place... and you're using that *ONE* experience to discredit *ALL OTHER* other A/C techs everywhere? Really. Truism: A/C Tech's are people - they come in different sizes, knowledgebases and experience levels.

Consider for a moment that another reason 'your' A/C tech seemed baffled could possibly have been because the idea wasn't communicated effectively.
So, how many a/c techs/hvac techs have YOU talked to?90% of the a/c techs or HVAC techs will only know what they do, which is repairing air conditioners refrigerators/freezers.There may be a few that actually enjoy it as a hobby, and try to learn everything they can.But, that usually is not the case.They just know enough to make money and support themselves.

I agree with your "Truism: A/C Tech's are people - they come in differant sizes, knowledgebases and experiance levels"

I disagree with the comment about him not communicating properly, I think you need to go talk to an hvac tech.Have you ever been to a computer shop with the so called "techs" trying to tell you SDRam is better than DDR, and things like that?Well, that is the same thing as asking an a/c tech how to make a direct die system.They don't know, and they go off telling you what they DO know.I wasted 4 hours over at an HVAC tech, so much fun.

But he also said that I could get -100f temps by using a good condenser

[H]opelessly
 Altered
 Results
 Destroy
 Overall
 Credibility
 Period
aenigma is offline   Reply With Quote