View Single Post
Unread 11-09-2006, 03:40 PM   #6
ricecrispi
Cooling Savant

Default Re: OT: Insurance Claim Help Needed!!!

I don't promote insurance fraud and if you take my advice do at your own consequence. I'm only offering this info because of your situation and I am sympathetic as well but do this at your own risk. I didn't do this myself but I had a friend in a similar situation when his project car got ruined and this is what we did.

Sounds like the car hasn't been inspected. If you want to keep the car price down to buy it back if you decided to total it this is what I suggest.

Don't mention to the appraiser/inspector what you done or installed in the car. Let him find out himself what you installed or put on the car.

Couple days before he shows up, pour oil under the engine area and throw on some dirt on it to make it look like the engine is leaking oil. Pour some oil on engine block to make it look like its leaking from gasket or a seal. Splatter some oil onto the hood and around the head. Use grease with old oil and cover the block, trans/bellhousing, rear end to make them not look like they are brand new.
Mention to the apraiser the engine is leaking oil immediately.

Make the interior look really dirty. Throw some papers, empty coke bottles, some left over food, newpaper etc and make the car look and smell like crap. I would also try to make the exterior dirty as possible.

Good luck getting that engine and parts back. Sounds like you built it by hand from main bearings to the valve springs.
ricecrispi is offline   Reply With Quote