View Single Post
Unread 11-09-2006, 01:31 PM   #5
Pyrotechnic
Cooling Savant

Default Re: OT: Insurance Claim Help Needed!!!

Still waiting on news from my agent but whatever decision I go with, the truck and it's title will not be in the insurance company's hand at anytime whatsoever. I've simply got too much time and money invested in that engine. If it was off the shelf parts and i could reproduce it overnight, great, but that engine took lots of time and planning and I simply cannot afford to take a check for it at this point, especially when it only has 300 miles on it.

I guarantee you, once they get their hands on it and they see that engine under the hood, the sell back price will be ridiculous and I may as well have paid for my engine twice or that engine will be out of there faster than the blink of any eye and I never see it again. The truck is not in impound right now though, I made them tow it to my house. It's sitting outside my house with the hood chained shut, so its still in my hands.

My agent is sympathetic to my situation as he's done a lot of performance work on cars as well, but the other insurance company is Progressive which I hear is a real bitch to deal with.

Hopefully something can be worked out under which I keep the truck and collect some money for repairing it, which I could turn around and put towards another truck to transfer my investments over to. I'll keep ya'll informed as this story unfolds.
Pyrotechnic is offline   Reply With Quote