View Single Post
Unread 12-02-2005, 11:30 PM   #7
DNA
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: Thermal Enterprises 245/320W Peltier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricecrispi
I doubt that too and same for 320 watts and 50 C delta but these are theorectical values.

More important question is with only 30 more watts input over the 226 pelt will you 90 watt improvement seen in the 320 watt pelt.

IMO, NO! But I'm still learning about pelts

The bigger question is..... are people buying what they believe is 320 watt pelt when it's only 243 watts? Are people getting fooled into buying a 320 watt pelt that is vaguely stated to use about 320 watts but cools only 243 watts?
I emailed Thermal Enterprises and posed the following question.
"Your ebay advertisement refers to the device as 245-320w. Your specs clearly state that the maximum Qc of the device is 243.5w . Why do you use the 320w reference in your advertisement? It's misleading to the public".

Their response was as follows.
"We simply follow the same common practice as most other TEC manufactures, we establish the watt rating of our devices under two different operating conditions. The lower wattage rating is established with hot side temperature at 27 deg C. The higher wattage rating is established with hot side temperature at 50 deg C".

After researching the peltier rating subject, I have to agree with Thermal Enterprises response. It is up to the end-user to determine which set of peltier parameters would be most applicable for their operating conditions.

In summary, when peltier maximum cooling power wattage ratings (Qcmax) are expressed by two values as is the case with Thermal Enterprises devices, the lower rating equates to a Th = 27C ambient condition and the higher rating to a Th = 50C. In any well planned CPU peltier/water-cooled system, the Qcmax that would be most representative of their system's cooling performance would be the vaule at Th = 27C.
DNA is offline   Reply With Quote