View Single Post
Unread 05-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #6
RM5D
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: Project:Blue Typhoon

PART 8

The "Power Bus" pcb was designed and made the same way as the Fan Controller.On this pcb it can be seen how skew some of the holes are.Drilling I'm afraid is the weak piont of this process,it is done with a drill prees and a normal hss 0.8mm drill bit.With the pads being so small lining them up is a nightmare and with the fibreglass that blunts a new bit within a couple of holes things are not that easy.

PART 1

The aim of this board was to eliminate excess wiring and adaptors and to have all connections in a central area.After deciding to make the fan control I sudenly didn't so so many things to connect.Presently only my CCFL,REAR 80 mm fan and the fan control get power from this board.

PART 2

This pcb provides for the following:Male and female 4 pin molex's.(+12v,0v,+5v)
2 different styles of 2 pin connectors(=12V,+5V)
3 pin connectors(+12V,0V)
3 pin connectors(+12v,0v,+5v)
Led indiction of the presence of +12v and +5v.

I had to make pcb mount molex's from standard one's.Combining the molex pin with a "vero board pin"
worked for me.

PART 3

I did not populate the board completely because I did not need all the connectors.

PART 4

PART 5

PART 9

Very basic mount and rewire 2 fans.

PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

PART 4

PART 5

At a later stage I might cut out the centre piece to increase flow and reduce noise.On that subject after running all these fans the 40mm one's are the noiseist.At first a bit of a suprise but after abit of thought it made sense.The smaller the fan the faster it turns = more noise and vice versa.

PART 10

Here is was to make my own case thumb screws using motor car valve caps. The caps are anodized ally. Ther are blue round,blue square,red round and chrome square.Icouldnt decide on the colour and shape so i made them all.They are simply made by epoxing the correct screw into the cap.

PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

Last edited by RM5D; 05-22-2008 at 01:11 PM.
RM5D is offline   Reply With Quote