View Single Post
Unread 08-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
blue68f100
Thermophile

Default Re: Introduction & A Few Questions

Welcome to ProCooling Snap Server threads.........

I'm know a little about both, hardware and software, just enough to be dangerous.

These 4500's are noisey the reason I run them in a cabinet to kill the noise. Cooler your ambient air the quieter they run. They also run hot when used like Phonix32 said. 1 smaller fan is mainly are used to cool the HD's, the other ram if I recall. The blower for the CPU, make sure the heat paste is good, mine run in the upper 80's low 90's. They do not like to be shut down improperly since they cache files so use a UPS to handle power hick-ups.

I do not know of way to recover deleted files without recovering from backups. You may want to create a temp folder to use for trash if you want recovery.

With the GOS there are a lot of cmds that can be run through SSH, that are not on the gui pages. This is actually the best way to do some of the admin, most Unix cmds work. But this can be very dangerous if you don't know what your doing.

The thing that will cause you the most problems is how the GOS handles privileges.

Link to SnapOS FAQ's http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=13820
blue68f100 is offline   Reply With Quote