View Single Post
Unread 07-31-2004, 02:14 AM   #63
msv
Cooling Savant

Yeah, I bet You´re right Jaeydee.
If You called me an idiot I would ask You WTF You´re meaning. As gentlemen (pistols, not flamethrowers) we would settle the thing out and be happy afterwards.
Being accused for an idiot doesn´t mean You have to act as one, but many people get pissed off by such an accusation, and pissed off people can behave like idiots without being idiots.
Of course, idiots are even more prone to behave like idiots.

I gave this thread a good thought before going to bed yesterday.
There´s a standard argument from the less enlighted sites with the dubious reviews:
"Our readers are not so technically experienced, so we can´t throw them a lot of scientific stuff."
The review flaming on this site never has questioned the competens of any sites *readers*, only the competens of some sites editors.
Back in first grade, primary school, I simply assumed that even if I wasn´t very good at reading that wouldn´t excuse an analfabet for a teacher. My low competens in a certain topic doesn´t mean it´s OK to teach me rubbish.
What´s worse:
1. A first class, primary school, teacher saying: "Yes, 'dog' is spelled d-o-u-g-h, very good."
or
2. Another person brutally slapping the same teacher in his/her neck and shouting into his/her ear: "No, godammit! 'Dog' is spelled d-o-g, You imbecill moron!"

regards
Mikael S.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnen mihi habis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
msv is offline   Reply With Quote