Go Back   Pro/Forums > The Pro/Market > FS/FT Forum
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

FS/FT Forum Are you looking to make some money? Get rid of some gear? This is the place to sell and buy it all!

Unread 03-28-2006, 12:40 PM   #1
the_etruscan
Cooling Neophyte

Default WTS - OLD Whitewater block

I've been cleaning up my house and I found an old (circa March 2003ish) Whitewater block from Cathar. I don't have any of the screws/springs, or an adapter to a modern socket-setup, as this is a Socket A block.

I purchased it my senior year in college, got it, and then ended up getting totally overwhelmed by school. It's attached with some Tygon (I think, but god only knows) tubing to a VIA 1300 pump. There's definitely not enough tubing for a full circuit, and god only knows what happened to the car radiator I bought somewhere and never adapted.

Any interest in this? I think I paid a TON for it when I got it, but I have no idea if it has value.
the_etruscan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 10:04 PM   #2
XyBeRWaReZ
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: WTS - OLD Whitewater block

How much you want for the Aqua Via 1300? Also what's the condition?
XyBeRWaReZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 10:15 PM   #3
the_etruscan
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by XyBeRWaReZ
How much you want for the Aqua Via 1300? Also what's the condition?
I dunno, shipping + something to make it worth my time to package it I guess. I think I paid a fair bit for it. It's unused, never been plugged in, relatively dusty at this point. It has tygon tubing clamped onto input and outlet both, which I could leave on or remove, they're short lengths (8 inches on one, 2 feet on the other). It was from D-Tek customs (I think) originally, and they modified it to run in-line I think. I really don't know exactly, but I've not used it, nor harmed it. It has sat in a box for going on 3 years now.
Unread 03-29-2006, 10:31 PM   #4
XyBeRWaReZ
Cooling Neophyte

My zip code is 96707 or if it's cheaper then try 92683. I've found the pump on Ebay for about $17 average so I'm not sure what you'd charge for it. Let me know.

Thanks

P.S. Could you make sure it works? I know you said you never used it but, hey you never know after 3 years.
Unread 03-30-2006, 08:26 AM   #5
the_etruscan
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
My zip code is 96707 or if it's cheaper then try 92683. I've found the pump on Ebay for about $17 average so I'm not sure what you'd charge for it. Let me know.

Thanks

P.S. Could you make sure it works? I know you said you never used it but, hey you never know after 3 years.
I can indeed check that it works (if you tell me how), but I ended up having to fly somewhere so I won't know before the night of april 5th if that's alright. How's $20 shipped/packed/etc? if it's too high, no sweat, just let me know. Heh, I thought the block would be exciting. Didn't think anyone would want the pump.
Unread 03-30-2006, 04:07 PM   #6
XyBeRWaReZ
Cooling Neophyte

Testing the pump will be easy and only would require a bowl of water and the tubing you have already.

1. Fill the top tube with water to the top
2. Get a bowl of water
3. Stick both ends of the tube into the water
4. Turn on the pump

You should then see the pump sucking water through the top and pushing the air out of the front. All the air should come out and bubble out in the bowl and there should be a continuous flow of water through the pump. Let it run for about a minute or two and then you should be able to tell if it's working or not.
$20 sound fair and I don't mind waiting. Just let me know when you've performed the test and confirmed it working or not.
Also would you guarantee me that it won't be DOA? Just gotta make sure.

Thanks
Unread 03-31-2006, 10:20 PM   #7
pauldenton
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Testing the pump will be easy and only would require a bowl of water and the tubing you have already.

1. Fill the top tube with water to the top
2. Get a bowl of water
3. Stick both ends of the tube into the water
4. Turn on the pump

You should then see the pump sucking water through the top and pushing the air out of the front. All the air should come out and bubble out in the bowl and there should be a continuous flow of water through the pump. Let it run for about a minute or two and then you should be able to tell if it's working or not.
$20 sound fair and I don't mind waiting. Just let me know when you've performed the test and confirmed it working or not.
Also would you guarantee me that it won't be DOA? Just gotta make sure.

Thanks
eek - that sounds awfully like you're suggesting running it dry - which is not good for it.....

btw it sucks in through the front and outlets at the top...
pauldenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2006, 02:50 AM   #8
XyBeRWaReZ
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldenton
eek - that sounds awfully like you're suggesting running it dry - which is not good for it.....

btw it sucks in through the front and outlets at the top...

Oops, I meant from the front. The bowl of water will act as a temporary reservoir, so it shouldn't be a dry run.