Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 06-22-2003, 09:47 PM   #1
sevisehda
Cooling Savant

Default Radiator Placement

In the past I've always used bong coolers so I'm unsure of the details of using a radiator. I know the basics about how they work and enough to place them before the CPU. But is there an ideal place to put them inside my box?

Should they be placed after a fan as air enters my box?
pro: Coolest air through rad
con: Hotter air inside box
Should they be placed as air exits the box
pro: Cooler air in box
con: Hotter air through rad
Shroud the radaitor/fan so air goes through rad and imidiatly exits case?
pro: Cool air through rad
con: Need extra fans for the rest of the case

As of now I'm planning on getting the near standard issue chieftec/antec case. Sealing the box entirly to totally control air flow. The intake will be 2 120mm fans on the bottom(elevated by casters) protected by Al filters. The exaust will be the PS fan and the 2 80s in the rear. All fans running as low as possible to silence the system.
sevisehda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2003, 10:10 PM   #2
SparkedFire
Cooling Savant

i have an antec case and i did not have enough room in my case to put my rad (black ice xtreme 2). i mounted mine on the top of my case outside. not only did it ensure no space restriction in my case but also the rad could recieve the coolest air possible.

i will add just out of warning that moding the rad to put outside my case caused me to nearly trash it, but then you have that saying "dont trash it... jb it", JB Weld that is.

As to watercooling going mainstream:
We are truely dedicated to it, we know everything, and we have perfected it.
SparkedFire is offline   Reply With Quote