Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Xtreme Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Xtreme Cooling LN2, Dry Ice, Peltiers, etc... All the usual suspects

Unread 07-11-2001, 03:45 PM   #1
platypii
Cooling Neophyte

Default Water cooling Prophet II Pro?

I have a Guillemot/Hercules Prophet II Pro (Geforece2 Pro) and would be interested in putting it in the loop of my water cooling system. The problem is that though the fan comes off with 4 screws, the heatsink is somehow attatched to the GPU. Obviously since this is the pride of my system I don't want to risk destroying the Geforce2 by ripping off the heatsink. So my question is: Does anyone know what can be done to water cool the Prophet II Pro?
platypii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2001, 03:47 PM   #2
platypii
Cooling Neophyte

Sorry, i was really not paying attention when i wrote that..... I _do_ have a small water block ontop of the existing heatsink, but i'm asking how one could put a peltier on there.
140GB RAID 0 (on a hacked Promise Ultra66)

platypii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2001, 04:30 PM   #3
BrianW
Cooling Savant

You can remove the heatsink with some Air duster. Just hold upside down and spray on heatsink for 2-4 sec. Then the bond will become brittle. Put the card in a vise, with the vise attached to the heatsink. Rock the card a bit and the heatsink will come off.

I read this somewhere. Don't know if it works or not. But that Air duster will freeze small things in a sec. I am going to try it as soon as a get my last warez for my water cooling rig.

Hope it helps.

Flow: Res, Pump, CPU watervlock, Y into both rads, both rads into res independently.

Athlon XP 1800+ (@ 1731 - 150mhz fsb.), on a Asus A7N266-c, and a Radeon 9000 *waiting for RMA'd Saphire 9800 ultra from Newegg)
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote