Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff All those random tech ramblings you can't fit anywhere else!

Closed Thread
Unread 07-08-2001, 07:36 PM   #1
Sled_Dog
Cooling Savant

Default I GOT BANNED!!

From the [H]ardForum. I will go back sooner or later.
Unread 07-08-2001, 09:54 PM   #2
Kevin
Slacking more than your weird uncle

Hehe a couple years ago when it was the old-school board, I got banned too. But when they switched boards I came back and wisened up a bit.
-Kev
Unread 07-09-2001, 12:41 AM   #3
OcPunK
Cooling Savant

haha and they should haev bannd u a long long time ago!!!
Unread 07-09-2001, 11:54 AM   #4
Sled_Dog
Cooling Savant

SHUT UP OC!! Kev what is your name there maybe I saw u?
Unread 07-09-2001, 12:31 PM   #5
Darkhorse
Cooling Savant

Considering your last post (http://forums.procooling.com/ubbcgi/...c&f=8&t=000161) you've got a serious gob on you. Grow up some then come back.
Unread 07-09-2001, 12:39 PM   #6
Sled_Dog
Cooling Savant

Actually I was banend for ripping a n00by a knew one. He was asking how to OC a Dell 1.7GHz P4!! I HAD TO LET HIM HAVE IT!! I mean my lord start like I did read n00by overclocking guides they all tell you NO OCing OF DELLS/GATEWAYS/Etc. Whats wrong my use of profanity? you don't like? Sorry I don't feel anything wrong with the use of curse words. I am just comfortable in the use of them to express myself.
Unread 07-09-2001, 12:51 PM   #7
Darkhorse
Cooling Savant

So you've always known as much about computers - what ever since birth? Even newbies should be given a chance. I think it's good the guy had enough interest to see if it could be OC'ed instead of the mindless drones who 'just use them'. As for your use of profanities, it just give's the impression you have a very poor grip of your language.
Unread 07-09-2001, 12:58 PM   #8
Sled_Dog
Cooling Savant

I understand we all must start somewhere. BUT I DO AND ALWAYS HAVE FELT THE [H]ARD|FORUM IS NOT THE PLACE TO START!! I mean go to overclockers.com or almost all ocing sites have links to overclocking computers. N00by guides. Thats how I started! That an a knowledgable friend. But the n00b guides are as good a place as any to start. They are usually very helpful and ALWAYS have a Dell/Gateway/etc. section telling you that A)Its almost impossible and B) its by no means worth it! IF he would have taken the time and used his brains and looked at one of them instead of looking for a quick answer from the [H]ard|Forum then he would have known that!! The real way to learn is to study and read. He should have been studying and reading those n00b guides nto looking for the quick answer on the forum!
Unread 07-09-2001, 12:59 PM   #9
Sled_Dog
Cooling Savant

I just discovered that you can still cahnge your location and sig while banned
Unread 07-09-2001, 01:12 PM   #10
Darkhorse
Cooling Savant

HUH? Isn't that what the forums are for? Why spend 4 hours looking for an answer when somebody can just type 'not possible'. Maybe the guys on a dial up and can't afford 4 hours online.

I notice you seem to ask questions in the [H]OCP forum why didn't you just read some reviews? Did anybody tell you to go read up? No they tried to help.

I'm not going to argue with you any further as I've got better things to do with my time.
Unread 07-09-2001, 01:34 PM   #11
Sled_Dog
Cooling Savant

Actually I was ALWAYS told use the search feature And if you are still using non-unlimited dial-up there is something wrong with u. I did all that stuff while I still had dial-up. Ppl rarely answered any of my ??s with a straight answer other then use the search feature. Which still takes a long time specially since ppl often name threads things that don't deal with the subject.
Unread 07-09-2001, 02:12 PM   #12
Sled_Dog
Cooling Savant

Damn banned again. Thats 3 times.
Unread 07-09-2001, 09:02 PM   #13
72 510
Cooling Neophyte

you are truly an idiot

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by ThexTran
I was interrested in knowing if anybody has been able to overclock a Dell Dimension 8100 P4 1.7GHz. Not that it needs it or anything, This systems is pretty damm FASSSST!!! I just thought it would be cool to experiment with a $3200 System.

Specs:_______________
P4 1.7GHZ @ 1.7GHz
256Megs Rambus PC800
GeFarce3 64MegDDR@(225/505)
IBM 7200Rpm 40GIG HD
16XDVD,12x10x32CDRW
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
3Com 56k V92 Modem
Intel 100 Pro Smart Nic
ADA885 AL THX 5.1c w/Remote
Dell Sony trinitron 21" Monitor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU DESERVE A STRONG HARDY BEATING!!! THIS IS THE DUMBEST UMLTIMATE N00B SHIT!!! OVERCLOCKING A DELL? SOLDER RESISTOR POINTS #388 AND #445 TOGETHER SHOULD GET YOU 2.8GHZ!! A P4 THATS EVEN WORSE!! P4s SUCK!! THE N00B MODE FLAME THROWER IS GETTING A WORKOUT NOW!! DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GONNA MAKE THIS "1337" SCREAM???? MUST DESTROY MUST DESTROY!!
Unread 07-10-2001, 07:17 AM   #14
Sled_Dog
Cooling Savant

I did calm down later and post twice more in the thread. The second one was less mean but still a flame. And the third one was half flame half information. Like I have been saying it said look at the n00b guides. I remember thinking my PII 266 screamed back in the day! I always seem to have a liking for flaming n00bs. It happenned to me when I was a n00b. Ppl always say weren't you a n00b sure I was but I didn't do this!
Unread 07-11-2001, 07:33 PM   #15
Kevin

Sled_dog, for the record... my friend has a Dell PII 300 mhz and we upgraded to a Celeron 533@800... that's ocing for ya .
-Kev
Unread 07-16-2001, 11:44 AM   #16
Sled_Dog
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
Sled_dog, for the record... my friend has a Dell PII 300 mhz and we upgraded to a Celeron 533@800... that's ocing for ya .
-Kev
Was that in a Dell case with the stock mobo? I have a PII 266 Gateway I oced to 300 something by using SoftFSB. So it can be done but its by no means worth it.
Unread 07-28-2001, 09:46 AM   #17
Mumrik
Cooling Neophyte

Sled_dog, I've been a regular in the [H]F since march 2000 and the forum is evolving... More ladies and more newbies, and there is no room for people like you anymore.

I don't know you, you may be a nice guy in real life, but posts like the one quoted above should get you banned, period.
Unread 09-01-2001, 02:50 PM   #18
wc_intel 2.0
Cooling Neophyte

hey whats up sled im gamekeeper or intel ownz dude whats up
Unread 09-01-2001, 03:00 PM   #19
wc_intel 2.0
Cooling Neophyte

i left the hardcore forum because manoj was jealous of my rig and every post i put up their that had to do with watercooling o/c and peltiers he would come in with his what he gets out of his stock heat sink and fan bull he says he gets 35c @ idle with heat sink and fan well he lives in hong kong to ]

i wish i had some of you guys help in teaching some of those guys about watercooling and pelts sence i went their posting my pic of my rig everybody is asking.

i wish joe the pres could help us

and ps joe i love you man and i will be one of your best members here.
Unread 09-03-2001, 06:03 PM   #20
mfpmax
Cooling Savant

don't give it a second thought, its just a board.
Unread 09-17-2001, 12:33 PM   #21
Kevin

Quote:
Originally posted by Sled_Dog:
From the [H]ardForum. I will go back sooner or later.
I just got banned from the hardforum too!! Really weird cuz Kyle e-mailed me, saying that the comments about the WTC that I made were disgusting, he deleted the post, and he never wants to see me in the hardforums again... Well, I had one friend who died in the building and one who escaped. I've never had humor at the expense of those fallen in the WTC, but whatever... odd for sure though. I just don't know what I said. Oh well... It was a good ride... all 2.3k posts of it . The funny thing is that they ban people over there so fast... soon there won't be anyone left.
Unread 10-23-2001, 08:05 PM   #22
Sled_Dog
Cooling Savant

I got banned for something about the WTC thing. Said if i was faced with the choice of being hit by the plane and the explosion or jumping i would jump. He didn't like that. Damn FagMstr.
Unread 10-26-2001, 08:42 PM   #23
Sled_Dog
Cooling Savant

I got banned again from thje [H] for anyone who cares. I lost it on Kyle Bennett. I heard about the death of his 1800+ and sort of reemed him out and said what I always say is wrong with him. This time I said it on his forum :
Unread 10-26-2001, 08:50 PM   #24
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

Sled, I dont think anyone cares... and please stop posting it in here.

ProCooling archive curator and dusty skeleton.
Closed Thread