Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 04-20-2003, 01:50 PM   #1
Arcturius
Cooling Savant

Default Looking for inexpensive new pump

Hoi everybody!

I'm looking to replace my Beckett M200AUL with something fairly small and inline, but I'm also pretty cheap.

I've been looking at the BeCooling website b/c they have several pumps for $30 and under, but I'm not sure which one to get.

They have a ViaAqua 1300, a MJ1000, and a MJ1000 l/h that I was looking at. With the two MaxiJets, does anyone know what the difference might be, if there actually is a difference? The description of one lists a flowrate of 1000 l/h (265GPH) while the other lists 300GPH.

I've also heard both good and bad things about Rio pumps.

Do you guys know what the difference between the MJs might be, and do you have any reccomendations?

If it helps, I'm currently running direct-die on a Tbred A, planning to play with jet impingement, and also planning to add a GPU, NB, and HDD cooler to my loop. The HDD cooler will simply be a length of copper tube soldered to my HDD rack, or possibly a copper WB attached to the HDD rack. The GPU/NB coolers will likely be low-restriction direct-die as well.
My heatercore is from a Chevette, possibly switching to one out of a Suzuki Samurai/Mitsubishi Eclipse, a Geo Tracker core, or one from a Chevy Astro/GMC Safari.

Oh, and my hose is a mixture of 5/8", 1/2", and dual 3/8" runs.
Arcturius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2003, 03:41 PM   #2
hara
Cooling Savant

I've heard that the hydor L30 is quite good. Look at the pump roundup on oc.com.
- FMZ
hara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2003, 05:11 PM   #3
Puzzdre
Cooling Savant

I run MJ 1000 for several months now, and I cannot say anything bad about that little pump. Cheap, in line, quiet and small. Does the job really good.

Do a search on the forums for Morphling1's threads, he used two MJ 1000 in serial, think I saw some charts where he compared performace of his blocks with one and two pumps.

Cheers!

PS, think I saw some pretty good prices (somebody posted the link here) to a MJ 1000 (or 1200, not sure) on E-bay.
Unread 04-20-2003, 05:33 PM   #4
theetruscan
Cooling Neophyte

I quite like my via aqua, after gluing the impellor down so it doesn't have any play. Before that it was loud.

Haven't had it long enough to give reliability numbers, but if it dies, I'll skip a drink one night and have enough for another.
theetruscan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2003, 05:44 PM   #5
mad mikee
Cooling Savant

premiumaquatics.com

295 gph at 20$

Getting ready to use 2 of these in my system, gotta crazy glue the impeller though. Can't beat the price and you DONT want the flow restrictions that the BEcooling barbs introduce
mad mikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2003, 07:37 PM   #6
Arcturius
Cooling Savant

Thanks for all of the replies everybody! (Though I'm a little skeptical about the post re: the BeCooling TM Hose Barbs TM )
Arcturius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2003, 08:11 PM   #7
sunblade

Quote:
Originally posted by Puzzdre
I run MJ 1000 for several months now, and I cannot say anything bad about that little pump. Cheap, in line, quiet and small. Does the job really good.
I have had the same experience with my Maxi-Jet 900. It has been a great pump and keeps going. The only downside I experienced was having to convert the non-standard fittings to what I needed. But it seems that BeCooling sells the MJ1000 with 1/2" fittings now. If you don't feel comfortable with BeCooling's fittings, you could always be creative with a stock Maxi-Jet
sunblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2003, 08:46 PM   #8
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Pretty good prices here http://www.aquatictech.com/pumps.html

Not sure if you like anything there though.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote