Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 09-17-2001, 02:20 PM   #1
morphling1
Cooling Savant

Default Hi everybody

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm starting by showing you my watercooling rig.All blocks and memory heat sink are home made.
Water block on chipset and heat sink on memory are because of my hi I/O voltage of 4.07V, yep I know it's high but it got my generic pc133 cas2 sdram to 157MHz cas2.Here is another pic. of memory HSF . For radiator I use heater core from Lada (Russian car, I figured it must be good because of their cold winters ), I did look at other cars but this one was the best. The fins are copper and dimensions are 25*18*7 cm , that's why I keep it otside my big tower. . I use two Rena flow 600c water pumps, connected one after another so water flow is the same 600 l/h , but the preasure is doubled.My AMD TB 1GHz Avia week 10 y is OC. to 1570 (10*157)and runs 24/7 Seti if I'm not doing anything, video card is Radeon 32ddr OC. to 200/200, here is a link to big pic. with Benchmarks ,as you can see it's pretty fast and cool 100% stable.
And here is a little preview of what I'm about to make btw. Pro Engineer Rocks. Wait week or two max, when I'll have everything made and put together and I'll post a lot of pic. of better quality I hope.

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: morphling1 ]
morphling1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2001, 07:45 PM   #2
VegetaSS4
Cooling Neophyte

wow, that looks awesome
how do you keep the ramsinks on the ram?

also, is there a place i can get a demo of that Pro Engineer?
VegetaSS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2001, 08:04 PM   #3
Sanjuro
Cooling Neophyte

Looks pretty nice, may I suggest you get a new digicam so your pics look even better?
Also, that (table?) your rad is sitting on, did you make a hole for the air to get through? and why did you left space around your radiator shroud? doesn't look very efficent....
Are you getting those kewey looking waterblocks CNCd? Looks hard to make with a drill press... Good design though
Unread 09-17-2001, 08:19 PM   #4
Kevin
Slacking more than your weird uncle

Congrats on making an awesome setup! I love the homemade stuff.
Unread 09-18-2001, 01:34 AM   #5
morphling1
Cooling Savant

I don't know if there is a demo of ProE. There are two heatsink,one for each side of memory module and they are fasten together with 3 bolts, one sink have holes with threads. The radiator is sitting on the floor, and the two fans (at 7V low noise) are blowing air on it. And the temp. of the water is 3°C warmer than ambient at full load, so I think the radiator is doing OK. Spiral block are going to be CNC milled, that's why I use ProE to get G code from 3D model. And for my next photos I'll try to get better dig. camera
Unread 09-29-2001, 08:36 PM   #6
Lord Twilight
Cooling Neophyte

That's a BIG RAM SINK!!

That's a nice design for the waterblock, but someone is already making them.

Spir@l Waterblock
Unread 09-30-2001, 06:18 AM   #7
morphling1
Cooling Savant

Spiral chanell design is logical step in water block design, with inlet above cpu core. But I think mine will be a little better because of 2 internal fins .I will also make one with one fin, so I'll know how much do I gain with larger surface. And of course I rather make everything myself. It's just so much satisfying when something you made works very well
Unread 09-30-2001, 08:03 AM   #8
gmat
Thermophile

Yes that comparison will be very interesting indeed. Good luck.
gmat is offline   Reply With Quote