Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 10-23-2002, 09:38 PM   #1
Blackeagle
Thermophile

Default Performance info 4 rads?

Where could I find information on the rad they call, The Deep? I'd like to see some specs on it vs. those of the Black Ice Extreme.
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2002, 09:41 PM   #2
mfpmax
Cooling Savant

Isn't that a Radiator produced overseas and sold soley to those markets?
mfpmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2002, 10:50 PM   #3
Blackeagle
Thermophile

Yes it is, but as I'm thinking in terms of finding the best components that could be fitted into a Lain=Li full tower case for best performance I'm interested in finding out more about, "The Deep" vs. the BIE that we have here. I'm not so much interested in saving every dime as finding the best components I can to put togather a really kick ass cooling system. One component I'm already thinking of paying shipping on is the Atlantis CPU water block. If this Deep rad. is notably better than the BIE then I can buy and ship both at the same time if I find the right outlet. Will still cost extra for overseas shipping, no doubt, but cheaper than shipping each by itself.

And as few would have such a mixed system of parts from all over it would give it a bit differant look, as well as high performance. But the BEST performance possible with a all in case system is my goal.

Problem is I haven't found any stats on performance for "Deep" rads. It has a slightly larger size that the BIE but that is the only thing I've found. BIE has 790 Kcal per hr. or 3134 BTU per hr. per the Danger Den site. Interested in finding comparable stats for the Deep. I'm hopefull that one of the British members here can give me a link to the stats or perhaps qoute them from having one of them and the info that ships with them.

Also interested in knowing the ID on the barbs of the Deep rad.

Thanks
Unread 10-23-2002, 11:05 PM   #4
mfpmax
Cooling Savant

http://www.coolhardware.co.uk/module...highlight=deep

Well crap, I found a bunch of UK sites a few weeks ago, one was selling the Abyss and Deep radiators but don't know where they are.

But this is a picture of one...and it looks thicker than tha BIX...and thats the problem with the BIX, it has a smaller surface because its thinner...so I think the Depp would perform better.

http://www.overclockedpc.co.uk/default.php?cPath=38

This site has them and shows what fittings are avaible.
mfpmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2002, 03:55 AM   #5
MadDogMe
Thermophile

Quote:
The Deep 'revision 2':
Total Dimensions
Length - 173mm
Width - 125mm
Depth - 48mm
***The site says 1/4BSP but it uses the larger 3/8BSP thread allowing for 5/8(14mm/12mm~internal) barbs for better flowrate...***

The Abyss:
Fully constructed from Copper/Brass to give the highest efficency possible
Total Dimensions
Length - 300mm
Width - 125mm
Depth - 48mm

Huge 3/8BSP ports , supplied with 10mm(3/8") or 14mm(9/16") fittings. the 14mm are idealy for use with 13mm(1/2") pipe. Pipe will require slight working over the hose-barbs, but gives the advantage of a 12mm throughput for better flow.
The only thing I'd change is the in/outlets, I'd have them going straight in at the top, instead of at the side at a 90Deg angle. don't know haow much difference it'd make though:shrug: ...

Last edited by MadDogMe; 10-24-2002 at 04:38 AM.
MadDogMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2002, 08:30 AM   #6
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

These are custom made/designed by JessFM. He knows his stuff!

He has the fin pattern made in large areas, and cuts them down to the sizes available, if I remember correctly. The finned area is of his design.

Top notch.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2002, 05:50 PM   #7
Blackeagle
Thermophile

Thank you gentlemen,

Your posts helped me in several ways.

1. I didn't know this unit was made by JessFM, the same guy that makes the block I'm rather interested in having. Kool.

2. Your links lead me to a site where I found the core size of the Deep. Deep core size 122mm X 124mm X 35mm vs. BIE core at 120mm X 120mm X 32mm. Also gave the internal volume of the Deep as 310ml

It also gave the restriction rate as 50mb @ 1000Lph. Now just what does 50mb mean in that equation?
Unread 10-24-2002, 05:58 PM   #8
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

That would be 50 millibars, or 0.05 bars.

Converted, that's 0.73 psi (pounds per square inch), or 0.51 m of water, or 20 inches of water (1 foot 8 inch head).
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2002, 07:20 PM   #9
Blackeagle
Thermophile

Thanks once again BigBen, most of all for the conversion to psi./head height.

I've sent a e-mail to JessFM's site OCPC asking if he has info directly comparable to the BIE data. Based on the closely sized cores I don't know if there will be a large differance in performance. But if I can find out for sure I'll feel better making my choice with full info. My veiw is that I'm better off spending a extra bit of cash to get the very best components up front, rather than wish I had latter or even upgrading in short order.

Once I gather a bit more info on various components I'll post fully what I have in mind to try. I look forward to hearing your thoughts then in regards to what I have in mind.

Thanks again.
Unread 10-25-2002, 04:20 AM   #10
MadDogMe
Thermophile

Did they have a graph or that one figure?, would it 'curve' as it got less or be directly comparible?, would it be 25mb @ 500lph?...

Where did you find those specs BlackEagle?, I can't find them...

I'd like to see BillA go to work on the newer rads, and the Atlantis block as well...
MadDogMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2002, 10:10 PM   #11
Blackeagle
Thermophile

Sorry, no graph.

WWW.aquariumpros.com

Prices @

www.reefbuilders.com

Glad I could offer something in return for what I learn from you folks.

And I'm looking forward to hearing what Bill thinks of the newest rads like the new BIX2 & the Atlantis WB as well. I don't understand some of what he puts up, but I'm gaining the more I read/study.

No wonder they say this place is for the addicted, the place is down right habit forming.
Unread 10-26-2002, 02:21 PM   #12
Blackeagle
Thermophile

Very Sorry MadDog,

I crossed this thread up with the one where we talked about the Iwaki pumps.

I found the info on the BIE at the danger den site.

The info on the Deep came from the site OCPC, JessFM's site. I found a link to his site from one of the other sites posted for me, OverClockedPC.

I hope this is what you wanted.

Again sorry for the mix up.

Last edited by Blackeagle; 10-26-2002 at 03:51 PM.
Unread 10-26-2002, 02:52 PM   #13
Jessfm
Cooling Savant

Sadly no one has actualy measured the BIX against a DEEP, although ppl that have switch drom a BIX to the deep in UK have always given very good feedback ( yes I try to listen to my customers)
The original Deep did have a fairly bad restriction when used with 1/4BSP barbs. the barbs only had an ID of 8-9mm (around 5/16 IIRC)
Th Abyss has always had the 3/8 BSPT ports, and now Deep rev2 does also.
Going upto this size port gives us the option of upto 18mm OD barbs(23/32).

The only data is what I have in my designs I don't think its right for me to release my data as I am BIAS. I wil lsay this. I have NO PROBLEM at all if Bill or others put a BIX against a Deep rev2 or an ABYSS.
If anyone would like to measure the Surface area of a BIX and compare it to the Deep's Total surface fin are = 1.07m sq Im sure it would help give an Indiaction.
I don't like to give false spec's Like " can handle 1KW" since its very missleading without giving the flow rate and water temp's used.

As for other spec's
My manufacturers site is http://www.ocpc.co.uk/ , sadly Time is something I am short of ( 24horus is just not enough in 1 day !) but Im working on it when I can.

I generaly post revision information and specs in www.coolhardware.co.uk's forums (you don't ened to be reg to read them).

Best email to use for me would be Jess@overclockedpc.co.uk , since the Host for OCPC is only temp and a little finiky about mail
Jessfm is offline   Reply With Quote