Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 06-02-2004, 01:14 PM   #1
cougem
Cooling Savant

Default Rad. housing

Hi I've got two new radiators from soulsend for my WC setup, but I was wondering what people would reocmmend as radiator housing?

I was thinking of using a small form factor case with damn good air flow, but I'm not sure which one to go for to be quite honest, nor which ones I can get just as a case rather than a barebones system.

Maybe I'm looking at it from the wrong angle of course, and some place actually sells suitable enclosures which would work here, without me having to buy a computer case.

Here's a picture of my case and the rads:
cougem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2004, 01:38 PM   #2
pHaestus
Big Player
Making Big Money

I used aluminum angle bars and then sheet aluminum to make my radiator box. Took a minimum of tools (tin snips a drill and a pop rivet gun) and turned out pretty well.

http://www.procooling.com/users/phae...x/radbox04.jpg
pHaestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2004, 11:08 PM   #3
CheeseBall
Cooling Savant

Very nice chimneys!
ABIT NF7-S REV2.0 (vddmod, L12mod, heatsinks on everything) ¤ 1800+ NIUHB DLT3C ¤ Radeon 9800 Pro ¤ Chevette Heatercore ¤ 172mm fan ¤ Custom CPU Block ¤ Dangerden GPU Block ¤ Ehiem 1250 ¤ Antec True550W ¤
CheeseBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2004, 11:10 PM   #4
AngryAlpaca
Cooling Savant

Acrylic, alternatively, is very easy to work with. You need acrylic, acrylic solvent cement, and a neat little cutting tool (don't use a jigsaw... hearing loss waiting to happen)
AngryAlpaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2004, 04:08 AM   #5
cougem
Cooling Savant

I've got a plan now. I may get hold of just the chassis for a Shuttle SB61G2 (I can for £25), as shown below:

I'm going to 1 rad at each end on its side, so the shrouds are protruding from each end, and have them both blowing out of it, so there's a vacuum in the middle of the shuttle case. I'll drill 120mm blow holes in the sides of the centres, and put my MCP600 in it. And I'll also cut a gap in the bottom of the shuttle for the wires to come out. But it'll also act as another air intake, sucking air from the PC below.

Do you think this is a good idea, or should I screw that idea?
cougem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2004, 02:49 AM   #6
Titan151
Cooling Savant

That sounds like a pretty good idea provided the case doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Otherwise you may want to look at an alternative.
Titan151 is offline   Reply With Quote