Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 06-13-2004, 11:06 AM   #1
aerobahn
Cooling Neophyte

Default 1/2id water cooling rig questions ^^

Hi i am semi new to WC, I have nailed this setup so far;

2x BIX
MCW600 pump
MCW6002 CPU
Cyclone Fusion GPU (silverprop)
Dangerden or Cyclone nexsus for chip set
1/2ID 3/4 tubing
waterwetter
Frozencpu dye
Metal Wormclamps
Distilled water
Critcool rez~

Any problems with the above setup?

I plan to set it up like the picture below, IS this ok? I plan to do a moderate overclock of both my CPU and GPU

My system specs are as follows
9800pro
2.8C gpu
I875p mobo

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cf1006_right.jpg (37.6 KB, 31 views)
aerobahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2004, 03:32 PM   #2
killernoodle
Thermophile

Looks good to me, but probably not worth the extreme price of 2 BIXes. One should do, but if you need a larger radiator then get a double heatercore.
Unread 06-14-2004, 12:23 AM   #3
aerobahn
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by killernoodle
Looks good to me, but probably not worth the extreme price of 2 BIXes. One should do, but if you need a larger radiator then get a double heatercore.
Some have said that the two BIX will kill my flow and would be counter productive. Is this true?. what if i set my tubing like this??

Unread 06-17-2004, 02:18 AM   #4
caxis0
Cooling Neophyte

I don't think it would kill your flow if you have a sufficiently powerful pump--but, I'm not nearly as bright or experienced as most of the regulars around here.

The big issue that I see is that the SIZE of the BIX and an adequate shroud may be too large to fit on the rear like that. I have a top mounted BIX in the box that I am building (I'm also going to have a dual 80, but in the front). Here are some pictures, you be the judge:

Last edited by caxis0; 06-17-2004 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Added diagram
caxis0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2004, 02:35 AM   #5
aerobahn
Cooling Neophyte

I noticed your have a BIX and a black ice micro. will having a big and small rad kill the flow more than two big? nice setup btw
Unread 06-17-2004, 07:27 AM   #6
caxis0
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobahn
I noticed your have a BIX and a black ice micro. will having a big and small rad kill the flow more than two big? nice setup btw
To be honest, I don't know how much this will restrict flow. I have decided to just have faith that the MCP600 will be enough pump for the job. I wanted to go with an Eheim 1048--reliability and near silence; having a quiet rig is a high priority. In the end, I didn't think it would be enough. Cathar mentioned (somewhere) that the 600 was a fine pump and I've read a ton of reviews and hundreds of posts about it. Now that it's been in production for a little while I feel alright giving it a shot. The other pump on my short list was a 1250, but it's just so large and to be honest and just a bit shallow--the blue MCP600 matches the radiators (which I feel a bit gimpy about using considering how heatercores are better choices) it has a higher pressure head, too.

I think it'll be okay. This is my first shot at watercooling and if I get it wrong the first time, well, I'm not going to shy away from trying to fix it.

I've been reading message boards for months doing research. Months! And I still learn new things almost every day. I can't wait to actually get it finished, long way to go though. I have a tiny project log up (here), but it's just pictures, no text.

Bruce
Unread 06-17-2004, 11:09 AM   #7
aerobahn
Cooling Neophyte

Cool please respond here with all of your results ^^
Unread 06-17-2004, 11:44 AM   #8
caxis0
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobahn
Cool please respond here with all of your results ^^
I definitely will, but it is a long time comming. I have to get a part here and there between bills. My eta for completion is actually late august, early september--DOH!

But-- I am going to order the dual micro and mount it in the next couple of weeks, which will be kind of a challenge because Im going to have to cut up the drive cage to make it fit. I'll have pics