Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 06-17-2004, 10:37 PM   #1
raist679
Cooling Neophyte

Default Opinion Needed on Water Cooling Loop

I'm currently running a Athlon 64 3200+ on a MSI K8N NEO Platinum motherboard with 1GB of Mushkin PC4000. My current 1/2' loop consists of a RBX CPU block, swifty mcp 600 pump, D-tek procore, and a bay-res. I would like to keep my rad and pump, but I'm going to switch over to a Swifty 6002 or a TDX. I hate the 3 barb RBX design . I was wondering if I should add a chipset cooler like the maze 4 to my loop. I would like to try overclocking my setup. However he Nforce 250GB chip on my board gets a bit hot with the crappy stock passive cooler . How much effect would this have on my rigs overall cooling performance? Any coments, questions, info, tips would be very much appreciated.
1Gb Mushkin PC4000
Radeon X800XT
raist679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2004, 02:31 AM   #2
Titan151
Cooling Savant

I would give it a try. How it will impact your existing system depends on the temps you are getting at the moment. If you find that your system can't handle it, you can always modify your radiator (or add another perhaps). You may also want to search around Amdmb.com and see if you can determine the amount of heat you will be adding to your system. My bet is that you can handle at least one additonal waterblock provided your setup is currently providing adequate cooling.
2 Gigs Corsair 3200
7800 GTX
Titan151 is offline   Reply With Quote