Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 08-01-2005, 01:03 PM   #1
ricecrispi
Cooling Savant

Default Swiftech™ introduces the "Quiet Power" Rads

The was on systemcooling.

Swiftech: "Signal Hill, CA - Saturday July 30th, 2005 - Swiftech™ today announced the release of the new Quiet Power line of heat exchangers for Personal Computers. The MCR120 and MCR220 "QP" series heat exchangers have been engineered to meet today's PC industry highest thermal loads, quality standards, and low noise requirements at competitive prices ."

“The name "Quiet Power" is a reference to earlier work we did in 2002 with our liquid cooled barebones. It also perfectly reflects our focus during the months of research and development that we spent optimizing the thermal performance and acoustic noise characteristics of these radiators with low to medium output fans" said Gabriel Rouchon, Swiftech’s Chairman. Mr. Rouchon goes on to state "Mass production enables us to offer these products at extremely competitive prices while maintaining our high quality standards, and when you add the Patent Pending self-purging headers to the package, these are serious contenders to the crown of best PC radiators on the planet!"

Man are these things cheap, $28 for 120mm and $43 for a dual. No wonder black ice went on sale.!!

I really wonder how it compares to pa160? BTW When are those rad test results come in?
ricecrispi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2005, 10:01 PM   #2
kaotic504
Cooling Neophyte

well i think it's good, from just looking at it, it's kind of a cross between an Extreme and a Pro. well at least in depth dimension. it has the purging tops so that you won't get as much air in the rad as well. but i don't think that will work as well if it was upside down. i'm not sure. but man, for $28, that is CHEAP! i bought my BIX just a 2 months ago for $54!!!
kaotic504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2005, 10:06 PM   #3
JWFokker
Cooling Savant

Now I'm just an ignorant tool, but they look like painted heatercores to me. How are they different from what Swiftech already sells?
JWFokker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2005, 10:51 PM   #4
BRiT
Cooling Neophyte

Their FPI has been optimized for performance and low-noise.
Unread 08-02-2005, 01:03 AM   #5
cotdt
Cooling Neophyte

Hmm... they look similar to Black Ice Pros from the pics. How are these different from Black Ice Pros? How do they compare from Black Ice Pros?
Unread 08-02-2005, 10:53 AM   #6
DryFire
Cooling Savant

When are these expected to go on sale?

I've been looking for the PA160 but the only plave i can find it is voyeur mods and it's $130 (a bit too steep for me).

If the single 120mm one is indeed $23 I would definatly like to play with one.
DryFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2005, 10:57 AM   #7
maxSaleen
Cooling Savant

Pobably not a HUGE temperature drop compared to the BIPs. The more I look at them, they appear to be built by HWlabs, with custom specs for swiftech (FPI, core depth, tanks, inlet/outlet). I'm hoping that a lot of that depth is reserved for a built in shroud. For $23 I'll order one tomorrow just to play with it.
maxSaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2005, 12:15 PM   #8
Brians256
Pro/Staff

DryFire, I think that DangerDen sells the PA160 for about $90. That's considerably cheaper than voyeur mods.

I also am very curious how it compares to the PA160.
Brians256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2005, 02:23 PM   #9
DryFire
Cooling Savant

For $90, they can keep it, car heatercores perform well enough.

But for $23 if it performs somewhat close to the PA160 I'll go for it, even though I'd need to construct my own shroud. Actually I'd probably buy one just to test it out and see what I can fit in my Antec 3000B
DryFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2005, 05:51 PM   #10
ricecrispi
Cooling Savant

I think the improvements focused more towards cooling efficiency with low speed fans and reducing noise.

I think Cooling Works is manufacturer. They are located in HB near Long Beach, aka Signal Hill.

These look familiar?

Unread 08-02-2005, 05:51 PM   #11
ricecrispi
Cooling Savant

Hey for $43 for dual 120mm's is a steal in my book. My Bonny Core also need 2x shrouds and some paint so they are about the same price after that. Atleast i can OC better
$28 is dirt cheap for single 120mm. You can't get them used at this price. I would buy these before they change the prices guys or run out of stock! I mean my gas fillup is more expensive. I think this is a sign of things to come in the world.......

Dual 120mm have to nearly match performance of PA160 at half the price!! BTW PA160 price does not include shroud so you can make one or pay up fo it. I'm cheap so I'll build it.

It's not like I spent enough on $$ on WC and the G4 is out and new rad is available. Man, they get you hooked hard.
Unread 08-02-2005, 05:54 PM   #12
Cathar
Thermophile

The PA160.1 price does include the shroud.
Cathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2005, 05:55 PM   #13
AngryAlpaca
Cooling Savant

ricecrispi, if you look at some posts here, they say rather explicitly that they are working together. The patents are shared for some products...
AngryAlpaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2005, 05:57 PM   #14
Autobot
Cooling Neophyte

Just a bit of info for you folks interested in the single 120 swiftech radiator. It has built-in 3/8" barbs instead of a changable barb system like the double 120 radiator.
Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2005, 08:46 AM   #15
Ruiner
Cooling Savant

I wonder if they changed the thickness of the core or just made the built in shrouds deeper. A BIP core with a slightly deeper shroud would be nice, although I recall bill saying that .25" was the sweet spot for performance/space/noise.
A thicker core than the pro would be a bad thing for noise.

The advantages the pa160 has over the BIP2 is packaging and the ability to run only one fan. A dual 120 rad requires more modding to fit most midtowers. Still, the 160 is twice the price of the BIP2.

I recall reading that dB-wise, a pair of fans is roughly 30% louder than a single of the same type.
Ruiner is offline   Reply With Quote