Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 02-16-2006, 02:12 PM   #1
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Default Quietest, high head pump? Iwaki, Mag?

I've been struggling with my md20rz. I bought it used and it had a bad head and I'm pretty sure the bearings are bad. I got a new impellar an it is quieter but the bearing noise is still there. I can take the head off and just turn on the motor and it's still pretty loud.

My Mag3 is much much quieter.

Does anyone else have a 20rz? How quiet do these get relative to a mag3 or a mcp600 or a 1048? Those are the pumps Ive used recently so I don't have anything else to reference the noise

I'm going to try and replace the bearings/magnet on my MD20rz. If thats still too loud I'm going to give up on an iwaki. Problem is I have a large external setup with a lot of tubing. I need a high head pump. My mag3 does quite well, only a few degree rise over the iwaki. But I'm adding more blocks to my setup so I'm sure I will really start to feel the lose of the iwaki...

Does anyone here have a large AND quiet pump?
Unread 02-16-2006, 02:31 PM   #2
billbartuska
Cooling Savant

Default Re: Quietest, high head pump? Iwaki, Mag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAvery22
I've been struggling with my md20rz. I bought it used and it had a bad head and I'm pretty sure the bearings are bad. I got a new impellar an it is quieter but the bearing noise is still there. I can take the head off and just turn on the motor and it's still pretty loud.

My Mag3 is much much quieter.

Does anyone else have a 20rz? How quiet do these get relative to a mag3 or a mcp600 or a 1048? Those are the pumps Ive used recently so I don't have anything else to reference the noise

I'm going to try and replace the bearings/magnet on my MD20rz. If thats still too loud I'm going to give up on an iwaki. Problem is I have a large external setup with a lot of tubing. I need a high head pump. My mag3 does quite well, only a few degree rise over the iwaki. But I'm adding more blocks to my setup so I'm sure I will really start to feel the lose of the iwaki...

Does anyone here have a large AND quiet pump?
I have a 1048 and an Iwaki MD20RZT running under my desk right now. The 70mm case fans, also under my desk are louder than either pump. The 1048 is quieter than the Iwaki, but not by much. I can't hear either one from here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg noise.jpg (68.1 KB, 41 views)
Two Opticals and 120 gigs (w/28gigs in RAID0) on 4 Maxstors
billbartuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2006, 02:33 PM   #3
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Default Re: Quietest, high head pump? Iwaki, Mag?

lol I love the illustration. You dont have the iwaki isolated on any foam or anything? That would drive me nuts right there. I REALLY hope new bearings make a world of a difference for me.