Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Hardware and Case Mod's
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Hardware and Case Mod's You Paint it, Cut it, Solder it, bend it, light it up, make it glow or anything like that, here is your forum.

Unread 06-23-2002, 07:55 PM   #1
Grump
Cooling Neophyte

Default Please help me wire this switch

I still haven't finished this project and part of what's holding me up is wiring up these switches.

Here is the info on these switches (the one you're looking at is 35-3430):

Sorry about the size, but I want you to be able to read the schematics. Remember, it's the 35-3430 switch, not any of the others. So, how do I wire these up? I'm a rank beginner, so please be non-technical. I want the switch light to turn on when the button is depressed to turn on a fan or a light. The switch light is 12V and uses the terminals at the bottom of the switch. The terminals on the side of the switch are numbered as in the diagram. I need directions to wire the switch, the fan or light and the power supply. I bought extra Molex plugs, wire and should have everything I need except resistors if they are needed (I don't know what they are or where they go if I do need them, so let me know).

Please help. Only the knowledgable need reply -- no "guesses".

Thank you,

Grump
PS: since I have had such terrible luck getting help on this, I have resorted to posting this on every site I go to. Please excuse the cross-posting, it's a last resort.

"If you're not livin' on the edge, You're takin' up too much room."
Grump is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2002, 12:34 PM   #2
Vector86
Cooling Savant

i'll have a pic soon but heres how u do it:

take a positive wire from the PSU and run it to the switch, then run a wire from the switch to the fan. it should connect to the fans positive. IMPORTANT! it should go from the fan to the ground wire in 1 of your molex connectors, or it should touch your case. IE: DO NOT CONNECT it to your PSU negative wire, IT WILL SHORT out. i hope this helps
Vector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2002, 12:36 PM   #3
Vector86
Cooling Savant

if your switches dont have resistors built in u may need to buy them... some LED's dont like 12v

fizzle.....fizzle....POP!!! "ugh what is that smell!?!"
Vector86 is offline   Reply With Quote