Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 07-16-2002, 06:24 AM   #1
Trash Man
Cooling Neophyte

Default Maze 3 in the UK

Hi peeps this is my first post on these forums

In the UK there is only one place that stocks the maze 3 and then only with the lexen tops, have the problems with these been fixed, I have been told that there have been no problems with the ones in the UK so far but I don't know if they are any different to the US ones.

Cheers.
Trash Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2002, 08:14 AM   #2
g.l.amour
Cooling Savant

grab some cuplex at www.aqua-computer.de
they are completely modular , u can clean the inside because they use replacable o-rings. they are also a bit cheaper than maze3. but for cleaning purposes only i would by them.
g.l.amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2002, 08:26 AM   #3
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

The problem has been discussed before.

In short, the screws they used had a flange that would tighthen the lexan to the block by applying pressure from the top. This has since been replace with hex bolts, that screw right into the lexan, and come flush with the lexan. In other words, the screws now hold the lexan down from a groove in the middle.

This was done to prevent the cracking of the lexan, as the top pressure tended to spread cracks around.

Either way, the cracks didn't affect performance, and did not cause any leaks. It just looked bad, that's all, and since it's a clear top, it needs to look good (right?). It was strictly a esthetic problem/fix.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2002, 08:47 AM   #4
gmat
Thermophile

Mhh i agree with g.l.amour, if you're in Europe get yourself a CuPlex, it performs just like the maze3 (if not better - it clearly outperforms the maze2) and looks just as fine. And you'll save a lot on the shipping costs.
gmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2002, 09:32 AM   #5
Trash Man
Cooling Neophyte

I can get the Maze 3 over here, but it's the one with the lexen top, was just wondering if these are all right, or still having problems.
Trash Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2002, 09:57 PM   #6
Nerdly
Cooling Neophyte

Have you looked at the blocks at http://www.overclockedpc.co.uk/ or http://www.pclincs.co.uk/ or even http://www.coolhardware.co.uk (if sites up)

I am UK, and we don't get much choice do we

BTW, check this post out.
Gives you links etc to all the cheapest places to buy from in the UK

Last edited by Nerdly; 07-17-2002 at 10:03 PM.
Nerdly is offline   Reply With Quote