Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 10-25-2002, 06:28 PM   #1
Crosstrack16
Cooling Savant

Koolance Case...? Good or bad

Custom building a water cooling system isnt for me, what do you think about the koolance cases, or the new koolance exos???
Crosstrack16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2002, 06:35 PM   #2
g.l.amour
Cooling Savant

sure those are OK cases, but where's the fun?
g.l.amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2002, 06:48 PM   #3
mfpmax
Cooling Savant

You must want a quiet system

As overclocking I don't believe is the Koolance strong point.
mfpmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2002, 02:28 PM   #4
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Build it yourself for much better results and lower cost. It isn't hard to do, trust me. The hardest part is attaching the damn block to your CPU correctly, and the Koolance cases don't help with that. If you can turn a screwdriver, you can make a decent system.
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2002, 02:44 PM   #5
mfpmax
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by airspirit
Build it yourself for much better results and lower cost. It isn't hard to do, trust me. The hardest part is attaching the damn block to your CPU correctly, and the Koolance cases don't help with that. If you can turn a screwdriver, you can make a decent system.
I have to disagree

Hardest part for me was routing the tubing so it won't kink or get in my way...since I went with vinyl tubing.

And for reference, my system is homebuilt running a D-Tek Sprial block and idle temps are 38-39, a quick game of Quake 3 Arena is 41-42 degrees.
Unread 10-26-2002, 03:17 PM   #6
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Noted. I forgot about that part. Getting the mobo in my case around the tubing is also a real biotch.
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2002, 03:17 PM   #7
gmat
Thermophile

"Silence" is only marketing hype in this case. Instead try a flowmaster kit from DTek or any other kit (BeCooling, DangerDen etc..). They usually come in a Antex SX1030 case, pre-mounted. All you have is to add a mobo and PC components. Koolance cases are not performers, and they are not silent either.
gmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2002, 03:47 PM   #8
mfpmax
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by airspirit
Noted. I forgot about that part. Getting the mobo in my case around the tubing is also a real biotch.
The water cooling components went in last in my system...but if I upgrade...oh boy. Out comes everything...and possibly a redesign.

Also, you may want to look into the CoolTechnica AquaXtreme setup. There is a review here: http://www.procooling.com/reviews/ht...e_review.shtml
Unread 10-26-2002, 05:07 PM   #9
g.l.amour
Cooling Savant

don't understand how everyone that just gets into watercooling wants koolance, now its that exos... i mean like gmat and others point out, there are a lot of good kits, alot of prebuilt ones even. of all those mentioned, swiftechs kit hasn't even been mentioned. don't think they cost alot more than koolance. is a bit like Bose on the hifi speaker front. lots of marketing hype.

(btw, didn't want to sound cocky, i wanted koolance too, when i started, luckily i they were never in stock in the shop i wanted to buy it, so i had to go homemade. nothing but kool experiences since then)
g.l.amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2002, 05:19 PM   #10
mfpmax
Cooling Savant

the AquaXtreme case that I mentioned is based off of Swiftech parts. So it was not forgotten
Unread 10-29-2002, 08:47 PM   #11
Crosstrack16
Cooling Savant

thanks for the info, i think i'll try custom...
Crosstrack16 is offline   Reply With Quote